Moving some apps to another machine | PlexGuide.com

Moving some apps to another machine

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

noname

Citizen+
Original poster
Jan 18, 2019
Three questions:

First, is there any kind of an issue running PG and traefik on two machines in the same network?

Second, if I am looking to move ombi, radarr, sonarr to the new machine can I just run/install PG on the new machine and then copy to contents of /opt/aptdata/%applicationname% to the same location on the new machine?

Does PG/traefik have any trouble running behind a VPN that will operate on the outgoing connection of the localhost? I am thinking that port forwarding may be an issue through the VPN. I use PIA if that makes any difference

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
Running Pg on 2 different machines shouldn't be a problem but you will need an additional public IP and second domain name for the second server if you plan to use both together. Traffiek expects to receive requests on port 80 or 443.

You can copy the respective folders over to the new server without issues except for plex which will be lost having 2 servers claiming the same name. For your information Pg vault provides a streamlined backup restore process that does that.

Nope Vpn should not be a problem of inward traffic on port 80 and 443 is allowed

dinklegeta

Experienced
Aug 9, 2018
Running Pg on 2 different machines shouldn't be a problem but you will need an additional public IP and second domain name for the second server if you plan to use both together. Traffiek expects to receive requests on port 80 or 443.

You can copy the respective folders over to the new server without issues except for plex which will be lost having 2 servers claiming the same name. For your information Pg vault provides a streamlined backup restore process that does that.

Nope Vpn should not be a problem of inward traffic on port 80 and 443 is allowed
Even with Plex you can keep the metadata and libraries with a new Plex server name by modifying the preferences.xml file within /opt/appdata/plex/database/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending