Discussion - Moving Things Off Gdrive | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Moving Things Off Gdrive

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

altoyda

Active
Original poster
Jul 18, 2020
I Know this been ask 101 times. This is what I am looking to do. To be safe and have a backup plan. I order 2 12TB drives to be put in Hetzner. If later I do not need them for Movies and Tv, They can be for my VM's. Is there a way maybe to move them with rclone or copy them with rclone @doob . Or is good way to rsync to new drive I know time is not with me on this.

Xeizez

Citizen
Feb 17, 2020
im guessing it would be the same as syncing the drive like from drive to drive except use a local path /home/source

rclone sync -i GoogleDrive /tmp/destination --log-file=mylogfile.txt --log-level INFO --ignore-existing --fast-list

axlrod

Active
Jun 6, 2019
I have a similar need, the only difference is that I have my local "copy" on a NAS box in my house. I have a script that runs once a day that does some checking to make sure the blitz and my NAS are both mounted on the server and then I just run a series of rsyncs called blitz2nas. You could do the same on your hetzner.

rsync -avl /mnt/unionsfs/movies /mnt/nas/movies

My cron entry looks like:

44 4 * * * /usr/bin/flock -w 5 ~/lock/blitz2nas.lock ~/bin/blitz2nas >/dev/null 2>&1

We won't mention that I have a full blitz in hetzner and a full blitz on a NUC at home sharing the same tcrypt/gcrypt etc so I can switch local at a moments notice. It's a bit of a monster but it seems to work just fine.

macvirii

Citizen+
May 26, 2019
I have a similar need, the only difference is that I have my local "copy" on a NAS box in my house. I have a script that runs once a day that does some checking to make sure the blitz and my NAS are both mounted on the server and then I just run a series of rsyncs called blitz2nas. You could do the same on your hetzner.

rsync -avl /mnt/unionsfs/movies /mnt/nas/movies

My cron entry looks like:

44 4 * * * /usr/bin/flock -w 5 ~/lock/blitz2nas.lock ~/bin/blitz2nas >/dev/null 2>&1

We won't mention that I have a full blitz in hetzner and a full blitz on a NUC at home sharing the same tcrypt/gcrypt etc so I can switch local at a moments notice. It's a bit of a monster but it seems to work just fine.
Did you create a script to copy the plex db and artwork so you don`t have to update/scan on both plex servers?

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending