Multiple NVMe Drives in raid0 | PlexGuide.com

Multiple NVMe Drives in raid0

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

mixedvadude

Citizen+
Feb 9, 2018
So from what I can tell it is the Plexguide install that is breaking the server. I can follow the above process and reboot the system 20 times and have no issue. as soon as I install plexguide it never comes back up. If you connect using the serial console it shows it stuck on boot up waiting for the mount to finish.

Hasn't been a plexguide issue for me. This error happens before I install plexguide and just do the reboot after mounting the nvme drives in raid 0.

KanKan

Citizen+
Dec 10, 2018
ok, update rebuilt the VM again. everything works great until I run.
Code:
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt install wget -y && sudo apt install curl -y && sudo apt dist-upgrade -y
curl -s https://plexguide.com/installv8.sh | sudo -H sh
Attached is the log from the VM it is stuck at Started AppArmor initialization.

Attachments

Cryptids

Experienced
Staff
Donor
Feb 3, 2018
I never got round to installing PlexGuide. It locked me out on reboot before the install.

Somedude

Experienced
Staff
Oct 28, 2018
I had a GCP documentation linked previously as a reply that might be the culprit or related to the SSH. But because of a issue with the forums Admin had to restore a 2 day old backup that didn't have my reply. I can't find the source anymore. The problem may be something to do with how GCP treats NVME or how they treat SSH keys. I have had it recently where I stepped away from an hour, came back, and lost ssh access for no reason. This was on a non-raid normal GCE setup with only one NVME mounted by the pg installer. It will take time to isolate the cause and figure out whats going on. Until then if you use GCP make sure you backup everything daily.

Also do bear in mind that me and Admin we working revamping the automated installation to support move advanced setups. As more people start to use GCP and provide feedback we might be able to figure it out faster.

I am going to create a new thread to track the SSH issues.

techystreamer

Active
Feb 6, 2019
This is meant as a downloading/uploading machine. Google compute does charge for certain traffic that makes this ideal as a feeder machine, but not as a Plex server (although people have done it). Google does not charge for downloads, and uploading to Google platforms. This means downloading from Usenet and uploading to Gdrive does not use any paid bandwidth. Google does charge for uploading to anywhere else, starting at a rate of $0.12 per TB. This means that if you are streaming alot you will run out of credits pretty fast. But if you are a very light streamer, are not sharing with anyone else, and assume the risk of your plex server being shut down the second your run out of credits, it could be a extremely powerful plex server if you so wanted to. Just don't complain to anyone here or on discord if you run into problems with credits while using plex on GCE.

Side note: I don't follow traditional logic and am myself using plex on its own GCP account. I want to see how long it can last with this methodology with heavier usage. I am backing up daily, monitoring my credits, and do not plan on this staying a stable sever long term.
Splitting the machine into a downloading/uploading machine and a separate plex streamer is what I am actually looking at all this for. I currently have my system together in unRaid but am limited on bandwidth. How do you split the downloading/uploading from the Plex streamer. Are both systems using Plexguide?

Thanks.

M

MrDoob

Raid Creator for GCE Feeder is currently in the works.
is currently waiting for results from the test installations

coming soon ;-)

Reactions: 1 user
M

MrDoob

I made it, and still we test it.
So its coming...

But we don't share unfinished configs

• Thinking

bdunn

Citizen+
Oct 24, 2018
The reason it is breaking the server is that it is adding another entry to /etc/fstab. Just remove that entry make by PlexGuide.

Also, everyone should remember this IMPORTANT DETAIL:
Local scratch drives on GCE are fast, but they will not survive a shutdown of the instance. Remember that. Also, NEVER shut it down from the ssh console or you will not be able to bring it back up. Here's more information about this important detail:

So stick to restarting this instance and you'll be fine. It is VERY fast.

• Love

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
yup you are correct. the key also is to have the backups on.

Somedude

Experienced
Staff
Oct 28, 2018
ya I had that link posted before, but a forum issue lost some of the posts. Then I couldn't remember where in the documentation I linked lol. Been really busy, so haven't had time to update the information or put it on the wiki.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending