Register Log in

NCDU

Thread starter #1

Deiteq

Administrator
Co-Founder
NCDU
This application allows you to see what directories are using up the most space

We've prepared a menu to make it easier for you to check the main directories you will use with Plexguide, it's very useful when troubleshooting drive space issues.
View attachment 538 View attachment 536 View attachment 535
With each scan you can select a directory to go down to the next level within that directory structure
A. This will scan your entire drive ( / ) excluding /mnt - but can take a very long time depending on the amount of data you have
B. This will scan your entire drive ( / ) excluding /opt - but can take a very long time depending on the amount of metadata you have for Plex or Emby
C. This will scan your entire drive ( / ) excluding /mnt & /opt - this is if you have a large Plex or Emby metadata library
D. This will scan /opt - but can take a very long time depending on the amount of metadata you have for Plex or Emby
E. This will scan /mnt - but can take a very long time depending on the amount of data you have
F. This will scan /mnt/move - here you can check if there are any files waiting to be transferred to your gdrive
G. This will scan /mnt/unionfs - again this can take a very long time depending on the amount of data you have
H. This will scan /mnt/nzbget - here you can check how much you have in the incomplete directory and completed
I. This will scan /mnt/sab - same as above
J. This will scan /mnt/deluge - same as above
K. This will scan /mnt/rutorrent - same as above
L. This will scan /mnt/torrentvpn - same as above depending on if you use DelugeVPN or rTorrentVPN
M. This will scan /home - your home directory

Personally I only used options A, D, F & H as my SSD drive was only 60GB and sometimes needed to see where my used space has gone!
To exit each menu selection, press q to go back to the NCDU menu.

Note: If you would like to check other directories manually then you need to type ncdu /path_you_want_to_check - you can exclude directories by adding --exclude=/mnt for example

View attachment 156 View attachment 157 View attachment 158

Last edited:

pommy

PG Ambassador
Staff member
Journalist
This is great idea. I have an issue at the moment and still trying to find out where the space has gone.

I'll give it a go :)

pommy

PG Ambassador
Staff member
Journalist
Yeah I downloaded something via deluge and can't find the file. Thought it was in/home/nobody/downloaded but there's no file. 30GB Is lying on my server somewhere.

cocainbiceps

PG Veteran
Hey, I've run option 9) PlexGuide: Update (Check changelog) and I have NCDU in the Info menu but nothing runs.

Back in the prompt I get the following:

scott@plex:~$ ncdu
The program 'ncdu' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing: sudo apt install ncdu

What am I missing :D

pommy

PG Ambassador
Staff member
Journalist
Hey, I've run option 9) PlexGuide: Update (Check changelog) and I have NCDU in the Info menu but nothing runs.

Back in the prompt I get the following:

scott@plex:~$ ncdu
The program 'ncdu' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing: sudo apt install ncdu

What am I missing :D
I had the same issue. You can install it or I just ran the following code:

du -cha --max-depth=1 / | grep -E "M|G"

Then replace / with say /var etc

Thread starter #10
OP
OP
D

Deiteq

Administrator
Co-Founder
I had the same issue. You can install it or I just ran the following code:

du -cha --max-depth=1 / | grep -E "M|G"

Then replace / with say /var etc
Yeah it needs to run via the preinstaller which I don't believe gets initiated after a simple plexguide update.
So to save going through the preinstaller steps it's easier to just manually install it with sudo apt install ncdu :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.