Plex - Need Help reinstalling Plex with new Account | PlexGuide.com

Plex Need Help reinstalling Plex with new Account

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Cyb3rGh05t

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Feb 14, 2018
Hey :)

i need some help regarding plex.

I was reinstalling Plex with a new account over Pgblitz 5>1>1>plex>reinstall>remote Plex server.
Added the claim-token and everything wass installed without issue.

But when i go to plex.domain.com the server shows up but i cant set it up. it always says "GET PLEX MEDIA SERVER".
I cant add Media to it.

Am i missing something or do i have to take action on somthing else to get it working?

Thanks

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
no prob. Did that work for you? You can also uninstall plex, rename /opt/appdata/plex, reinstall, but that method will require you to recreate/reindex/reimport all your libraries & media.

fyrstrm

Experienced
Donor
May 1, 2020
Hey :)

i need some help regarding plex.

I was reinstalling Plex with a new account over Pgblitz 5>1>1>plex>reinstall>remote Plex server.
Added the claim-token and everything wass installed without issue.

But when i go to plex.domain.com the server shows up but i cant set it up. it always says "GET PLEX MEDIA SERVER".
I cant add Media to it.

Am i missing something or do i have to take action on somthing else to get it working?

Thanks
I have this exact same problem but don’t know what the claim token is. I Get the same thing. If I leave my old server up it sees it but if it’s removed I can’t add a new one.

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
I have this exact same problem but don’t know what the claim token is. I Get the same thing. If I leave my old server up it sees it but if it’s removed I can’t add a new one.
Go to portainer.yourdomain.com. Open Plex. Click duplicate/edit. Under ENV variables you should see one that says "CLAIM_TOKEN" or something along those lines. In another tab go to www.plex.tv/claim
Copy and paste that token for the value of the variable. Click deploy.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending