Discussion - Need Help With Traefik Problems? | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Need Help With Traefik Problems?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

bodgeup

Experienced+
Original poster
Staff
FreeLancer
Donor
Aug 12, 2018
Hi PlexGuide users,

If anyone is having problems with Traefik post a reply on this thread and ill do my best to help. Networking is what I do in my Day Job so may be able to help where your stuck.

Thanks

Bodgeup

Last edited:

larover

Noobz
Aug 19, 2019
Hi
Anyway to change a containers label once it's created, such as the traefik.frontend.rule (i.e. from ombi.domain.com to request.domain.com)?
I can't see a way to do it in portainer without recreating the container, and having trouble finding the location of traefik config files besides the main traefik.toml
Thanks

bodgeup

Experienced+
Original poster
Staff
FreeLancer
Donor
Aug 12, 2018
yeah in portainer u have and edit button, use that and change the label to the right value host:appname.domain.name,domain.name then hit the deploy button and let portainer overwrite and replace the original container then try the urls again and if you still see an issue give your instance a quick reboot then as long as you set that label accordingly your urls should work fine. Editing then replacing the container wont lose any app data as there mounted outside of the container for just this reason so you can rebuild apps without losing data.

Reactions: 1 user

bodgeup

Experienced+
Original poster
Staff
FreeLancer
Donor
Aug 12, 2018
apollonioemanuel also PM'd me for similar issue where that traefik frontend rule gets added wrong: -

what app are you using as ur TLD app? you may need to manually edit that app container in portainer, basically if you look at your TLD app container in portainer and scroll down to the labels ull see Traefik Frontend rul label with v.alue of host:appname.domain.name,domain.name. Thats how its supposed to be but pretty sure you will see this on your label host:appname.domain.name,appname.domain.name so what u do is edit that container in portainer then scroll down and on the label tab edit that traefik frontend rule to match my first example host:appname.domain.name,domain.name then hit the deploy button and let it overwrite and replace the original container then ur tld url should work, if it doesnt work straight away reboot your instance then sure your urls will then work fine. Its a bug that ive had myself but this is how you fix that problem.

bodgeup

Experienced+
Original poster
Staff
FreeLancer
Donor
Aug 12, 2018
Take it that fixed the issue yeah?? Also should pointed out that traefik.toml file is only used for container startup, once its running it is able to do its own auto discovery of containers as long as its setup to use the right provider in this case docker and then its all configured further via those labels. Labels can override any configuration in traefik over its auto configuration that is does do well but yeah Labels set everything, the traefik container itself doesnt need touching much in majority of cases but the app container labels are where you do your config.

altoyda

Active
Patron
Jul 18, 2020
I redeploy to change it do organizr as home page to see if i can get apps to work in it and i have not be able to set it up and been read about this.
I even got this from www.smarthomebeginner.com : Note that for Organizr to work properly and display your apps in tabs, you will have to set the traefik.frontend.headers.frameDeny=true label to false for all your apps. Alternatively, you may use traefik.frontend.headers.customFrameOptionsValue: allow-from https:${DOMAINNAME} to allow iframing from within your domain. Able to get it load the 404 not found nginx. like to set organizr home page and get apps to load in it. Is this nginx thing or traefik stoping things to load right.

bodgeup

Experienced+
Original poster
Staff
FreeLancer
Donor
Aug 12, 2018
the only way to fix that is to manually edit all ur app containers in portainer adding that label " traefik.frontend.headers.frameDeny" with Value "true" then deploy and overwrite. its an iframe thing. i use Muximux myself.

Although havent tried this myself so its trial an error answer unfortunatly unless another organizrr user knows another way??

If your using NGINX still and bridging instances its the different domains for the apps in use in Organizrr sure it is??

phlexall

Citizen
Aug 31, 2020
Hi PlexGuide users,

If anyone is having problems with Traefik post a reply on this thread and ill do my best to help. Networking is what I do in my Day Job so may be able to help where your stuck.

Thanks

Bodgeup
Hi there i am having issues every time I try and deploy traefik with my domain it seems to never work right and then I end up deploying it to much and lose my certificate and have to wait a week before I can try again. This has to be a real issue not a lot out there about it. I have had two buddies have the same issue. We went through the tutorial step by step. Thing is its like its a hit and miss on it. its working for me now but I want to move to another server and am afraid to on the risk that my domain would get blocked again. Anyway you can help on this matter would be greatly appreciated am I missing something during setup or is it that I change the minutes from 60 to 120 not sure. Thank you I use cloudflare if thats important

altoyda

Active
Patron
Jul 18, 2020
make sure that portainer is cname portainer @ and save
make sure you have API with who ever you have cloudflare I use make sure you use email who you use
most all read both wiki each have missing parts and with both can get it going
make sure have ssl set right if using cloudflare and if you using PGX do not use yet still in testing

Reactions: 1 users

phlexall

Citizen
Aug 31, 2020
make sure that portainer is cname portainer @ and save
make sure you have API with who ever you have cloudflare I use make sure you use email who you use
most all read both wiki each have missing parts and with both can get it going
make sure have ssl set right if using cloudflare and if you using PGX do not use yet still in testing
so I have cname portainer then my domain is that what you mean? Or [email protected] then domain? ApI and email are correct not sure of what the ssl in cloudflare needs to be.
Post automatically merged:

so I have cname portainer then my domain is that what you mean? Or [email protected] then domain? ApI and email are correct not sure of what the ssl in cloudflare needs to be.
The SSl is set to full strict FYI

OOO

Citizen+
Jan 26, 2018
Hello,

Fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04, domain is setup with cloudflare using the guide on the wiki.

All details input for traefik are good to my knowledge, CF_API_EMAIL and CF_API_KEY set too.

Portainer is reachable at https://mydomain.com and https://portainer.mydomain.com

However when I am deploying traefik i get:

"Portainer Check: FAILED!"

I had a look at the traefik logs in portainer and it's just says

"No logs available"

Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Oh my bad, stupid chrome hides www. these days.

Turns out https://mydomain.com isn't actually working and gets into a redirect loop

And fixed now I realised I set the cloudflare settings wrong, SSL Mode was set to flexible, meaning cloudflare connected http to the server, causing the redirect loop.

Last edited:

altoyda

Active
Patron
Jul 18, 2020
sounds like u have it going. because of traefik now apps like Organizr you will have to put in https://app.domain.com and local will need to be http://app.domain.com. it took me few weeks to find this out if u look NO one help me with this and would not reach out to help. just remember to try https:// or http:// alot of time one will work

phlexall

Citizen
Aug 31, 2020
make sure everything is set this way [info]

@phlexall was you able to get it working
Yes I did thank you for the help I believe it was actually using proxmox that might have been the issue. It deployed right off the bat. Do you know about google 403 API errors? I am banned for 24h from downloading off google not upload probably to many scans in plex library. I am wondering though if it has something to do with the move folder in PG blitz It pops the error every time I manually move big TV packs from my drive to move folder then it goes to google drive. I have a auto scanner on my plex so it scans in on the fly. Now the other thing is I have 4 separate libraries for my plex on different servers to support the power so could it be that its scanning the same thing 4 different times? and that's throwing the the error. Either way when my plex goes back on I have consolidated down to only 2 libraries. Any thoughts if that makes since lol.

bodgeup

Experienced+
Original poster
Staff
FreeLancer
Donor
Aug 12, 2018
Edit your Servers Hosts file: -

sudo nano /etc/hosts

Then enter

ip of server (TAB) domain.name
ip of server (TAB) portainer.domain.name

Exit and save this file

Try deploying traefik again.

bodgeup

Experienced+
Original poster
Staff
FreeLancer
Donor
Aug 12, 2018
I personally disable cloudflares Proxy feature on my instance.

However as long as your DNS entries are on Grey Cloud when deploying you can use the Orange Cloud proxy after traefik has done its stuff including retrieving your SSL Cert. Plex Cname is a def no no and needs to be set with the Grey Cloud as CF proxy doesnt support ports other than 80 & 443.

thugmasta

Noobz
Donor
Donor
Dec 7, 2019
Hello, I would greatly appreciate any help with adding a non-docker application to my traefik.
My traefik is working flawlessly with all the PG apps. Im on GoDaddy.
I have been trying to add a non-docker BlueIris server to traefik but can’t seem to get it working. I’d be grateful for any help.

altoyda

Active
Patron
Jul 18, 2020
if it's out side docker setup you need to use something like nginx less you are trying to put into docker

bodgeup

Experienced+
Original poster
Staff
FreeLancer
Donor
Aug 12, 2018
It will work but if your installing manually you will need to clone and mod labels found on ur other app containers to your new app container, mainly Traefik.enable = true & Traefik.frontend.rule = host:appname.domain.name, more if using pgshield but just copy from lables on another app and add to this new app changing out the appname in the values! do that it should work.

Crap for some reason i was sure you mentioned a docker app soz, if its non docker app that will require a lot more work on your part editing your traefik.toml file to use rule routing which is long and not straight forward. Docker apps are easier as it uses the docker api to route most of it for you.

My advice search hub.docker.com for your app containerised! (

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending