Register Log in

New Design & PG 5.080 Status

After Signup, PM Admin9705 for a 20% Discount Voucher
Thread starter #1

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
Team,

Dropped a new simple design to improve the readability of the forum. I hope that you like it :D Two of our members have made recent donations and was able to purchase the design and there is a new wiki plugin that I'm still trying to figure out; but thank you to those who donated to the project!

5.080 is still under going testing; you can use it if using the DEV version. Right now, we are working PGCache, a solution so you can deploy 2 cache mounts without PlexDrive (which is faster) and combines them; including being able to use Flicker's ST2!

Thanks Again Team!
Admin9705

Similar threads

WildWayz

PG Elite
Tech Support
Wish I understood it :D ie.... faster in what way? Faster to upload? Stream? How does it work? How do I split the load? Why would I split the load? Which pill do I take? :)

WildWayz

PG Elite
Tech Support
So I just add the team account and the normal one, then it does nice things? :D

What's the benefit other than Emby works? Faster uploads? Better streaming? More QAM? :D

Thread starter #5
OP
OP
Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
It's just another backup player, would still use plex 100x over any day. The purpose of the team drive is for the super transfer. If you have no need for all this, you would stick to the traditional setup.

Chudz

PG Overlord
PG Donor
Emby just an alternative to Plex, it has some nice features like forced direct play and direct stream using .strm files. It does not work well with PlexDrive so Rclone Cache will fix that.

It also allows us to mount a Team Drive so Plex/Emby can view what we have downloaded with flicker-rates supertransfer2 program without moving them to My Drive.

Also last time I tested Rclone Cache it had lower CPU usage compared to PlexDrive 4.

Datamonkeh

PG Captain
Super Moderator
Emby has a less commercial focus than Plex, it has free hardware accelerated transcoding support, better iptv integration and with one minor exception is less cringeworthy in it's treatment of users and licences. In an ideal world, i'd love to support emby over Plex, but we just aren't going to see that happen for me personally just yet.

Thread starter #13
OP
OP
Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
Thanks @Dexxa :D
Holy cacksticks. I've been pulling my hair out for AGES to get Plex working with my IPTV providers then WHAMMO - Emby. 1st time... worked!
Did the new thing work? I haven't fiddled with it yet :D

Read Deiteq's (Cofounder) Review & For a Discount Voucher!