SABnzbd - New Sabz requirement + Speed up tip | PlexGuide.com

SABnzbd New Sabz requirement + Speed up tip

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Edrock200

MVP
Original poster
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
First, just an FYI, looks like the latest version of sabz (on a fresh install) requires it's config file to be updated with the access domain name, otherwise it won't allow you to access it by fqdn/traefik SSL name.

Second, if you often queue up a lot of items, and notice your queue is very slow, I have found that disabling the "Direct unpack" option under config/switches drastically improves performance. I think the concept of direct unpack is valid, it litterally unpacks rar's as they are downloaded vs waiting until the end. The problem with this is if you have a large queue, and one or two items need repaired, it causes a disk i/o storm, which further slows down the items that are still downloading, all the while every downloaded item is trying to simulataneously unpack. This problem sort of initiates a vicious cycle as things queue up, especially with platter drives.

Disabling direct unpack forces sabz to unpack one item at a time when it's completed. From my experience, it doesn't seem to slow down the process significantly, but has made a drastic improvement on disk i/o and overall system performance. If you have a "feeder" with platter disks, I would definitely uncheck this box.

*Edit* After playing with this for a little while I have found the best combo of settings to avoid disk i/o storms is to ENABLE direct unpack as well as "pause downloads on post processing." This doesn't seem to slow down the queue unless an item needs repaired, in which case, you'll want the queue to pause to prevent a backlog.
-Ed

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Edrock200

MVP
Original poster
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
No I didn't push anything, it looks like the official sabz docker repo has been updated with a version that does FQDN validation. It appears if you upgraded from a previous version without this (e.g. your docker container auto updated with an existing config in place), it doesn't seem to enforce this. But if you have a new fresh install of sabz, it seems to care. Here's their official documentation on it:

With regards to the direct unpack, this is a default setting in sabz.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending