Newshosting

macfreaker

Original poster
Local time
2:43 PM
Jul 16, 2018
Belgium
I have taken a subscription to Newshosting because it was advertised here and also to help @Admin9705. But I am not so happy with this newsgroup provider. Download speed is around 2-3 mb and normally total of connections is 30 and even on 5 connections I get the error to many connections. Does someone else also has this with this provider? It’s a shame because I had to pay for a year.

Jampher

Local time
5:43 AM
May 20, 2018
That's weird as I've never had any issues with Newshosting. What app are you using?

macfreaker

Original poster
Local time
Jul 16, 2018
Belgium
I am using nzbget and on my pc there own newshosting app. On my pc it is working fine. On my server (nzbget) not.

Jampher

Local time
5:43 AM
May 20, 2018
Does their app allow you to alter the amount of connections it's making? I think having them both set to max is probably why one is working and the other is not.

macfreaker

Original poster
Local time
Jul 16, 2018
Belgium
I don’t use it on my pc a lot (mostly a few minutes). Mostly I download on my server. Normally it should be max 30 connections but even on 5 connections I get the error to many connections.

Trasher

Respected Member
Local time
3:43 PM
Jan 23, 2018
Maybe it errors out because of multiple IP-adresses?

thepj

Respected Member
Staff
Local time
6:43 AM
Nov 13, 2018
Arizona, USA
Maybe it errors out because of multiple IP-adresses?
This is almost exactly what is causing it. Usually you are limited to a single IP unless it is explicitly stated other wise for a "sharing" account. I use Newsdemon, but have heard nothing bad about Newshosting. Pick which one you want to use and stick with it. Or, turn one off and wait an hour before you want to use the other one. Last option is to buy a second account if you want to use multiple IP's.

macfreaker

Original poster
Local time
Jul 16, 2018
Belgium
I have used once or twice on my pc for 5 minutes and the rest comes from the server. Last time on pc was Thursday and yesterday it get also the error to many connections with setup 5 connections on my server and my pc was even not on. Don't use my win pc a lot.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Local time
8:43 AM
Jan 17, 2018
i get between 50 - 120; no idea what your doing :D it's all i use for my server and has been great.

robert2018

Local time
Oct 7, 2018
Absolutely no issues here.
Remember to set your max connection count lower than 30 to compensate for how the connections cycle.

Reactions: Admin9705

Armin

Staff
Local time
Mar 28, 2018
the reason you get error for too many connection cause you running it on 2 server your home and your server
disconnect one and you see the result

Reactions: Admin9705
Assists Greatly with Development Costs

macfreaker

Original poster
Local time
Jul 16, 2018
Belgium
ya u should only run it one and also u need to keep it 3 under the max
It was on 5 connections with my home pc off. I don't download the same time. Needed just a small program for a cousin and have used on pc for max 5 minutes.
the reason you get error for too many connection cause you running it on 2 server your home and your server
disconnect one and you see the result
Not at the same time.
Absolutely no issues here.
Remember to set your max connection count lower than 30 to compensate for how the connections cycle.
Connections set to 5 and even then to many connections error.
i get between 50 - 120; no idea what your doing :D it's all i use for my server and has been great.
I dream of these speeds.

Armin

Staff
Local time
Mar 28, 2018
it does work base on your ip address
so it doesnt matter you dont run them at same time , this happens to me before and until I did delete it completely from one server then everything back to normal

macfreaker

Original poster
Local time
Jul 16, 2018
Belgium
Because I have one or two times did a download from my home pc?
Don't believe this. Wil test it further .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Maintenance Donations

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending