Nextcloud missing mariaDB | PlexGuide.com

Nextcloud missing mariaDB

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Caddy

Experienced
Original poster
Jan 19, 2018
Hey Guys,

anyone know what happened to the Mariadb nextcloud container that used to get deployed at the same time?

foolio

Experienced
Jan 10, 2019
since I have been using plexguide the default nextcloud deployment uses sqlite.
I have only been on a couple of months. but I just used portainer template to deploy a mariadb for nextcloud and also the redis template and went that route. if your interested there is also a plex-ldap container on docker hub so your users can use thier plex accounts to signin to nextcloud if your interested. : https://hub.docker.com/r/starbix/plex-ldap/dockerfile - the guy who maintains that container also recently built a co-turn container as well that I can confirm works but more than 2 simultaneous users in talk and I had issues but do not have much experience with coturn and it settings so that could be me.

Reactions: 1 user

Caddy

Experienced
Original poster
Jan 19, 2018
Thanks @foolio in Version 7 I think it was deployed automatically.

I am guessing I am going to have to learn how to use portainer and templates to get it up and running. thanks for the input!

foolio

Experienced
Jan 10, 2019
Thanks @foolio in Version 7 I think it was deployed automatically.

I am guessing I am going to have to learn how to use portainer and templates to get it up and running. thanks for the input!
I had no docker experience before using plexguide. So I will say it is super simple. I did mess up a few times. The call outs on using templates is to select advanced options so you can specify the environment variables ie. root password, database name, or db user etc. Also allows you to set folder path for data i.e. select bind and if you want persistent data to be in same place as pg containers then use the /opt/appdata/containername - also look up the container on docker hub for any use of the environment options etc.

The other option is to use stacks which follow almost a docker compose format. some minor differences but if you have a multi container app like nextcloud and want to manage the entire stack for updates or changes this would be a recommended route.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending