Discussion - Nics proxmox | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Nics proxmox

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

macfreaker

Veteran
Original poster
Jul 16, 2018
I have now ordered another server at Hetzner and want to setup this with Proxmox and pfsense and plexguide. How many ip (nice) do I need to do this good for the first time. I think that I need 1 for Proxmox, 1 for pfsense and 1 for plexguide and apps. Is this correct because in the wiki it is not so clear explained.
Can someone help me with this? Thank you.

DrAg0n141

Active
Dec 21, 2018
Hey you can do it with only 1 IP, then you need to passthough the nic of the server to the pfsense vm. I´m have this too with only 1 ip. You need for that the KVM-Console you can order them for 3 hours for free.

macfreaker

Veteran
Original poster
Jul 16, 2018
Since pfsense is new for me, I can use some help. Did you follow the wiki here? Because I try it but does not understand it complete.
What I understand is that I need a public IP for Proxmox and one for pfsense. Is this correct, but Admin writes also to have a extra subnet.
And how much vmbr do I have to create? is that one for each vm?

Screenshot 2020-08-25 at 05.57.43.png

DrAg0n141

Active
Dec 21, 2018
I am use the enp35s0 for the pfsense vm with the one ip, and create one vmbr0 on the proxmox this is the second interface for pfsense. And its the interface for all the vms. with that you need only the one ip and all the traffic comes through the pfsense.
You need to install proxmox first on the machine, you can do this over the kvm-console or with the recover console there are some manuals. then the pfsense vm, after that use the kvm-console and passthough the one physical port of the machine to the pfsense. It´s not easy the first time it took me over 4 hours to run.

Reactions: 1 user

macfreaker

Veteran
Original poster
Jul 16, 2018
Have Proxmox already installed since yesterday but was a little stuck because of so much info on the internet and not knowing what to follow.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending