Not Scanning Library | PlexGuide.com

Not Scanning Library

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

pommy

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
Jan 18, 2018
So I'm thinking of giving Emby a proper go again but when I setup the libraries (/plexdrive4/movies) it only picks up the last 3 movies and same with TV shows etc .. whereas Plex is obviously picking them all up.

Anyone know what could be the issue here? @Admin9705 @The Creator :)

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
@pommy is the same happening when you select /unionfs?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Ya i have to rebuild 2 a new server, but will test emby along the way. I won't have results until the end of the week @pommy

pommy

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
Jan 18, 2018
@pommy is the same happening when you select /unionfs?
Sorry for the slow response guys. Been working long days. So yeah Unionfs/TV /movies works great. Although when I do Unionfs/music nothing is showing although there is stuff in that folder. Confusing??

pommy

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
Jan 18, 2018

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
@pommy I redeployed a new server, will test out emby on it by the end of the weekend and attempt some writeup on it.

DarkSteel

Experienced
Staff
Jan 18, 2018
Would be a good backup for my media library. I will have it running also. Is there a guide on it?

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
Sorry for the slow response guys. Been working long days. So yeah Unionfs/TV /movies works great. Although when I do Unionfs/music nothing is showing although there is stuff in that folder. Confusing??
Yeah that is confusing, I'm using Emby as a back up for Plex (mainly as it works better with subtitling and transcoding) but haven't spent much time figuring it all out to be honest.
I occasionally had your problem to begin with when Emby would only see a few files....not sure if it had to with permissions or not....but on my latest fresh Ubuntu install it appears to be all there...just had a quick look at my music library and saw one thing listed under Suggestions and the rest under Songs although I don't have much music set up yet...I should really play with Emby some more to get to grips with it, especially as there isn't much info out there on how to run it!

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Ok I set up and picks up some stuff, but not all? Does it just suck at scanning or does it in scan really deep and is slower?

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
Ok I set up and picks up some stuff, but not all? Does it just suck at scanning or does it in scan really deep and is slower?
Not sure but can you see the permissions of all your files...I know it's a heck of a lot but curious if the ones that are not showing are different to the ones that are or if their formats are different?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Not sure but can you see the permissions of all your files...I know it's a heck of a lot but curious if the ones that are not showing are different to the ones that are or if their formats are different?
I’ll check when I can

Reactions: 1 user

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
Actually thinking about it, I've had similar issues with Plex too....never worked out what the issue was...think it was to do with permissions though.:unsure:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I’ll check when I can
Actually thinking about it, I've had similar issues with Plex too....never worked out what the issue was...think it was to do with permissions though.:unsure:
What would it be? The folders all have the same permission.

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
I’ll check when I can

What would it be? The folders all have the same permission.
That I can't say...it's why I never figured it out with Plex either...tried lots of random things and in the end it worked...from various forums people would say it's to do with permissions and groups I think!

Can't even check the command line console within Emby's Portainer to see what's what!
View attachment 48

Deiteq

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 19, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending