Solved NOW WHAT! .... problem with PG def

Marinerdevil

PG Sergeant
PG Donor
Jan 6, 2019
Reactions
21 0 0
can't set up PGdef here's the text from the terminal>

NB. as indicated in a previous post on a earlier, similar issue, i created the domain from within Gsuite.....the credentials provided by Gsuite do not allow access to the API key generator at Godaddy. I get a "Authentication failed" when attempting to log into Godaddy with the credentials provided in Gsuite. The credentials work fine to log into Godaddy Domain manager when accessed from within Gsuite. I logged into the API key generator with account credentials of a different account.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✅️ WOOT WOOT - Traefik Deployed! Become a PG Sponsor Today!
-------
🚀 Traefik - Reverse Proxy Interface Menu

1 - Top Level Domain App: [portainer]
2 - Domain Provider : [godaddy]
3 - Domain Name : [plexeidon.com]

---------

💬 Unable to reach your Subdomain for Portainer!

1. Forget to enable Traefik?
2. Valdiate if Subdomain is Working?
3. Validate Portainer is Deployed?

Confirm Info | Press [ENTER]:

Portiner, Traefik and Watchtower are running according to Portainer itself WHICH I reached at portainer.plexeidon.com:9000...heres an error form Traefik

time="2019-01-09T14:49:07-06:00" level=error msg="Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"plexeidon.com\" : unable to generate a certificate for the domains [plexeidon.com]: acme: Error -> One or more domains had a problem:\n[plexeidon.com] [plexeidon.com] acme: error presenting token: could not create record [{\"type\":\"TXT\",\"name\":\"_acme-challenge\",\"data\":\"pah2YRcX4vIF47GdzuAYaw91RbRWjwMPuHv3RFIRJTI\",\"ttl\":600}]; Status: 403; Body: {\"code\":\"ACCESS_DENIED\",\"message\":\"Authenticated user is not allowed access\"}\n\n"

time="2019-01-09T14:49:08-06:00" level=error msg="Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"*.plexeidon.com\" : unable to generate a certificate for the domains [*.plexeidon.com]: acme: Error -> One or more domains had a problem:\n[*.plexeidon.com] [*.plexeidon.com] acme: error presenting token: could not create record [{\"type\":\"TXT\",\"name\":\"_acme-challenge\",\"data\":\"BPPXE9bo1Z8MNhZgvpTJYji4KJbMonO1w6-2OmmLoJE\",\"ttl\":600}]; Status: 403; Body: {\"code\":\"ACCESS_DENIED\",\"message\":\"Authenticated user is not allowed access\"}\n\n"

edit: couple of edits to make the post clearer

Last edited:

tonycfromit

PG Master Sergeant
Tech Lead
Mar 16, 2018
Reactions
49 0 0
can't set up PGdef here's the text from the terminal>

NB. as indicated in a previous post on a earlier, similar issue, i created the domain from within Gsuite.....the credentials provided by Gsuite do not allow access to the API key generator at Godaddy. I get a "Authentication failed" when attempting to log into Godaddy with the credentials provided in Gsuite. The credentials work fine to log into Godaddy Domain manager when accessed from within Gsuite. I logged into the API key generator with account credentials of a different account.

✅️ WOOT WOOT - Traefik Deployed! Become a PG Sponsor Today!
-------
🚀 Traefik - Reverse Proxy Interface Menu

1 - Top Level Domain App: [portainer]
2 - Domain Provider : [godaddy]
3 - Domain Name : [plexeidon.com]

---------

💬 Unable to reach your Subdomain for Portainer!

1. Forget to enable Traefik?
2. Valdiate if Subdomain is Working?
3. Validate Portainer is Deployed?

Confirm Info | Press [ENTER]:

Portiner, Traefik and Watchtower are running according to Portainer itself WHICH I reached at portainer.plexeidon.com:9000...heres an error form Traefik

time="2019-01-09T14:49:07-06:00" level=error msg="Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"plexeidon.com\" : unable to generate a certificate for the domains [plexeidon.com]: acme: Error -> One or more domains had a problem:\n[plexeidon.com] [plexeidon.com] acme: error presenting token: could not create record [{\"type\":\"TXT\",\"name\":\"_acme-challenge\",\"data\":\"pah2YRcX4vIF47GdzuAYaw91RbRWjwMPuHv3RFIRJTI\",\"ttl\":600}]; Status: 403; Body: {\"code\":\"ACCESS_DENIED\",\"message\":\"Authenticated user is not allowed access\"}\n\n"

time="2019-01-09T14:49:08-06:00" level=error msg="Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"*.plexeidon.com\" : unable to generate a certificate for the domains [*.plexeidon.com]: acme: Error -> One or more domains had a problem:\n[*.plexeidon.com] [*.plexeidon.com] acme: error presenting token: could not create record [{\"type\":\"TXT\",\"name\":\"_acme-challenge\",\"data\":\"BPPXE9bo1Z8MNhZgvpTJYji4KJbMonO1w6-2OmmLoJE\",\"ttl\":600}]; Status: 403; Body: {\"code\":\"ACCESS_DENIED\",\"message\":\"Authenticated user is not allowed access\"}\n\n"

edit: couple of edits to make the post clearer
------
I am absolutely NOT an expert on this, but the last time I saw an error like that I had an issue with my CloudFlare email address where I had accidentally entered a space in front of it when I was cutting and pasting. Try again with the deploy and then double-check your Cloudflare.

I just reread your post and it looks like you have not setup cloudflare yet. Even if you are doing it through gsuite, you need to then create a free cloudflare account (wiki steps work well for this, I use them every time) and put your domain on the CLOUDFLARE system by moving it to Cloudflare DNS servers (they normally have servernames that are people's names like Jim and Mary) and wait about an hour, then setup Traefik to connect to Cloudflare.

I know this sounds weird and unneeded, but you really do need to do it for everything to work right. Trust me, I already fought this one and lost when I tried to do it a different way. You need it.

Marinerdevil

PG Sergeant
PG Donor
Jan 6, 2019
Reactions
21 0 0
I literally just figured that out and just got cloudflare set up. Am working on the configuration for PGdef as I type this (well, I paused to type this):D

Thanks for the response.

Marinerdevil

PG Sergeant
PG Donor
Jan 6, 2019
Reactions
21 0 0
woohoo.jpg

Got it! PGdef setup and ports closed!

on to the next brush fire.....install myself some apps.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
Reactions
1,989 0 0
can you post a write up of some of the issues and what you did. going to work the wiki's soon for traefik.

tonycfromit

PG Master Sergeant
Tech Lead
Mar 16, 2018
Reactions
49 0 0
I literally just figured that out and just got cloudflare set up. Am working on the configuration for PGdef as I type this (well, I paused to type this):D

Thanks for the response.
No problem, bro! I am not part of the dev team but I have struggled like a mofo with these setups for a long time now and I am just happy to see a bit of it get put to use to help someone out of any of the holes I tripped over along the way!

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Marinerdevil

PG Sergeant
PG Donor
Jan 6, 2019
Reactions
21 0 0

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
Reactions
1,989 0 0
awesome, i stuck the thread. when i do the wik updates, i'll drop your info in there also. i was unaware about the domain name issue

Marinerdevil

PG Sergeant
PG Donor
Jan 6, 2019
Reactions
21 0 0
awesome, i stuck the thread. when i do the wik updates, i'll drop your info in there also. i was unaware about the domain name issue
Roger that...i'm a magnet for bugs and unforeseen issues....some of the issues are self inflicted, as evidenced by me going rogue on the API thing.

I may be a thorn in your side for a little while, at least until I get 100% but i will do my best to contribute back to the community.