Discussion NZBGet Limited Storage (Before Utilizing G:Drive)

Jstrawsine

PG First Class
PG Donor
Jan 8, 2019
Reactions
4 0 0
PG Version
Server Type
Remote - VPS
Hello Again,

I spent several hours preparing to utilize Plex Guide and am completely amazed! Will be making a donation for sure... Anyways, my question has already been brought up a few times, but would like some clarification.

At first, I though since we were utilizing the G:Drive the space on my remote server wouldn't matter too much. However, I quickly discovered after downloading one TV episode NZBGet complained there was not enough storage, so the download remained paused. My temporary solution was to change the constraint of space within NZBGet. I know this is not an ideal solution. If someone could answer a couple questions below it would be very helpful!

1. What is the workaround to limited space with NZBGet? ( I am using Hetzner)

2. Does the storage just need to be temporary, because PlexGuide automatically moves the movie, TV-show, etc... to the G: Drive?

3. Is there anyway to visualize when a file is downloaded and the progress when transferring to Google?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
Reactions
1,967 0 0
in the settings for nzbget, there is a default 25gb space that pauses. you can change that. i put that as a safety measure so your server doesn't run out of room. we had the blitzui to do this, but no... just the blitz command. honestly, when you have tons and tons of stuff going, you'll just see your drive.google.com fill up or the pglog or when you watch plex :D thanks for dropping by :D

Jstrawsine

PG First Class
PG Donor
Jan 8, 2019
Reactions
4 0 0
in the settings for nzbget, there is a default 25gb space that pauses. you can change that. i put that as a safety measure so your server doesn't run out of room. we had the blitzui to do this, but no... just the blitz command. honestly, when you have tons and tons of stuff going, you'll just see your drive.google.com fill up or the pglog or when you watch plex :D thanks for dropping by :D
Admin9705,

Thanks for getting back. So to clarify once a movie is downloaded and post-processing is complete... The transfer will begin to the Google Drive and the original file will no longer exist on the hosted server's small SSD? If this is not the case, would you recommend adding more storage? I know it has the local SSD, but I believe to expand you have to utilize volume groups.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
Reactions
1,967 0 0
corrrect in a sense, it goes to /mnt/move and then uploads, if using blitz, to /mnt/move > /mnt/pgblitz/upload and then uploads (it does a move so it deletes).

plex_noob

PG 2nd Lieutenant
Tech Lead
PG Donor
Oct 1, 2018
Brussels
Reactions
85 0 0
If you want to limit local space usage I recommend using PGBlitz. It will definitely reduce the space required locally especially if you upload regularly new movies/series.
But take care to check regularly:
- /mnt/nzbget/incomplete folder which fill up rapidly with garbaged data
- /etc/docker/overlay2 especially if you test different containers

Lastly don't forget to put a schedule (every 15 min) in nzbget to restart (unpause) the download in the case of nzbget being paused due to insufficient space.

Last edited:

Jstrawsine

PG First Class
PG Donor
Jan 8, 2019
Reactions
4 0 0
If you want to limit local space usage I recommend using PGBlitz. It will definitely reduce the space required locally especially if you upload regularly new movies/series.
But take care to check regularly:
- /mnt/nzbget/incomplete folder which fill up rapidly with garbaged data
- /etc/docker/overlay2 especially if you test different containers

Lastly don't forget to put a schedule (every 15 min) in nzbget to restart (unpause) the download in the case of nzbget being paused due to insufficient space.

I upgraded storage to 150GB SSD. Still having issues with storage. Very new to Linux, so it's tough for me to identify where the issue is. Assuming it's during the PGBlitz (move) to the G: Drive.

PG Developer Donations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
britnick1972