NZBGet - NZBget script folder | PlexGuide.com

NZBGet NZBget script folder

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

ink0gnito

Active
Original poster
May 23, 2018
Hello i have some own nzbget scripts (SafeRename.py, Unpack.py etc).
I put these scripts on the host in the folder /opt/appdata/nzbget/scripts, but on nzbget setting extension scripts i can not see these scripts. i attached on the nzbget container and navigate to /config/scripts and found these scripts there, but on the nzbget webif i can not choose these scripts.
Has anybody a solution?

M

MrDoob

chown -cR 1000:1000 /name/of/folder
cd /name/of/folder
chmod a+x <name-of-file>

matt314159

Experienced+
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
+1, same issue here. Did you ever figure it out ink0gnito? I ran the commands MrDoob mentioned on the scripts directory (/opt/appdata/nzbget/scripts) and the individual scripts, but no joy:

Here's what that folder looks like in Cloud Commander if that's helpful. I haven't added or removed any scripts, this is the default deployment:

matt314159

Experienced+
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
Hmm, interesting. I'm curious why that would work on one script but not the rest. I feel like this is an easy fix if I were more familiar with docker or linux in general. I'm just surprised that nzbget can't see script files in its own appdata folder. Then I get to thinking and maybe the path I've been using is the wrong path, since nzbget's maindir is /config

This has to be something silly / easy. I'm going to keep looking around.

clinch123

The Newb
Apr 7, 2018
I know I was able to add a different file for the MP4 Automator script. Maybe try copying the content into a different file that you create and see if it works. To me this screams some stupid permissions reason.

matt314159

Experienced+
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
uploaded new .py scripts to the scripts folder via Cloud Commander and it doesn't see them. Chmod 755 the files, bounce the nzbget container for good measure and....jack s*hit.

This is getting irritating...

nachobel

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Feb 2, 2019
Matt, your apps are all running inside Docker, so file paths can be confusing when trying to translate them to the "outside world". For example, the "/config" menu in NZBGet is mapped to /opt/appdata/nzbget (you can see all these in Portainer, clocking on the appropriate docker). As for seeing scripts, what do the permissions look like on your script folder? By default mine are 001, which isn't bueno I'm guessing. I also have no idea what these scripts do.

But! As long as you haven't changed your path mappings and your ScriptDir variable is set to ${MainDir}/scripts you should be on your way...

matt314159

Experienced+
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
Yep haven't messed with the path mappings and that's the path the scripts are in. I thought the default PG deployments would set proper perms though so this so confusing. I did do a chmod 755 on the script folder. It didn't appear to err out but for all I know maybe you can't do that on a folder or something. I'm wandering around in the dark with linux terminal, unfortunately...

nachobel

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Feb 2, 2019
Do you have access to a terminal? If you type /ls -la /opt/appdata/nzbget what does the output look like?

ink0gnito

Active
Original poster
May 23, 2018
I logged in to portainer and exec in the nzbget container. i go to folder /config/scripts inside nzbget and the output from ls -ahl shows this screen.

But i can not choose any extension in nzbget webif.

It looks like the folder /opt/appdata/nzbget/scripts has not the right permissions.
After "sudo chmod -R 0755 /opt/appdata/nzbget/scripts" i can choose the extensions in nzbget folder.

Are these permissions correct or should i take others?

Attachments

Last edited:

matt314159

Experienced+
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
I just did the same sudo chmod -R 0755 /opt/appdata/nzbget/scripts as you just now and it didn't change anything, even after bouncing the nzbget container (not even sure it's necessary but figured it wouldn't hurt anything).

Here's my current perms after all the dinking around I've done:

On the NZBGET folder:
and on the scripts folder specifically:

Edit - I just redeployed NZBGet through plexguide and it still doesn't work, but this is the latest permissions output:

NZBGet folder:

Scripts folder:

Last edited:

ink0gnito

Active
Original poster
May 23, 2018
After your redeploy the permissions of the scripts folder is false.
You must set
sudo chmod -R 755 /opt/appdate/nzbget/scripts
on the nzbget folder then you can choose the extensions on nzbget webif.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
good to know; i'll check the script to make sure that gets set correctly

Reactions: 1 user

nachobel

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Feb 2, 2019
You can't change it from within the Docker container as whatever it has access to can't be changed from within. You'll have to ssh into your machine and run the commands there.

matt314159

Experienced+
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
No luck for me, unfortunately.

Code:
sudo chown -R 755 /opt/appdata/nzbget/scripts
and no change. I restarted the nzbget container just in case, and still nothing. Is there anything else I need to do?

And I am doing these over SSH via putty.

nachobel

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Feb 2, 2019
When you type in that command does an ls -la command show the appropriate permissions? Also confirm you didn’t change any of the default directories in the docker for nzbget?

matt314159

Experienced+
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
I haven't changed the defaults in the docker container. I think the permissions are incorrectly set since I get this when I try to run
Code:
ls -la /opt/appdata/nzbget/scripts

does that mean the
Code:
sudo chown -R 755 /opt/appdata/nzbget/scripts
that I ran on that path didn't actually do anything? It didn't err out or anything, so I figured it was successful.

nachobel

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Feb 2, 2019
Do a sudo chmod -R 775 instead of the chown command. Though you might have to chown it back to you if it’s messed up.

Reactions: 1 users

matt314159

Experienced+
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
Making progress!

Now I see this:

The scripts folder looks like this though:

I did run sudo chmod -R 775 against each of the .py scripts manually and then restarted the docker container for nzbget, but it still only shows unzip.

nachobel

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Feb 2, 2019
Ok! Well my next step would be to check the scripts to make sure they are valid. If they are and still no luck, you could add the path directly in Portainer and bind it to /scripts, and then just point nzbget at that and see what happens.

matt314159

Experienced+
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
Will do. Other than the two oddballs (DeleteSamples1, etc) these are in the folder by default when Nzbget is deployed so I would hope they're valid. I'll report back when I have a chance to mess with it some more.

nachobel

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Feb 2, 2019
The fact that one of them shows up but not the others and they all have the same permissions is puzzling. I’d also try maybe renaming them, creating new ones, and literally changing the name of the one that works to see what the problem be.

nocturne1

Active
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
I tried a number of things right now, and just doing a:
sudo chmod +x *.py
in the /opt/appdata/nzbget/scripts directory got them to show up.

I also had to try redownloading some of them from official sources (i.e. flatten.py). For some reason, the one that is part of this distribution isn't recognized.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending