NZBGet - NZBget setting to do pp-queused? | PlexGuide.com

NZBGet NZBget setting to do pp-queused?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Whatdafuq

Veteran
Original poster
May 6, 2018
I’ve got a ton of files that are pp-queued using up hard drive space and it keeps downloading and going very slow post processing. Any suggestions on what to change so it focuses on the post processing instead of downloading new?

barryclamsworth

Governer
Donor
Feb 2, 2018
There is a down pointing popout menu next to the big pause button that allows for selective pausing. See Pic..

paws.PNG

Or you could just set a really slow dribble download limit for a while so it has a chance to catch up.

Reactions: 1 user

FeralF

Citizen+
Staff
Donor
May 30, 2018
Increase the par buffer memory limit under check/repair and perhaps enable the option under unpack to pause download while unpacking?

Reactions: 1 user

Chanchoo

Citizen
Feb 3, 2018
Same s*hit happend to me on GCE addition . Ended up raiding 4 NVMEs for more space . Grated that's over kill for sure ..

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
It’s a VPS, you likely have limited CPU/IO time so that the other users sharing the same physical server get a fair shot at doing what they are doing, especially if it’s a shady provider who has over sold.

Your options are simple, either purchase a plan with better resources to process more quickly, or alter your downloading/PP to suit what you have (suggestions above already). If it’s an isolated case of a few repairs one after another, then pause downloads, let it work the queue for 30 mins and see how it drops. If it’s a regular thing, then limit downloading or alter your processing strategy/settings. IO heavy on a VPS (especially one with a shared mechanical drive) isn’t going to end that well, especially if RAR/PAR work is involved.

You could use two cheap Hetzner Cloud instances, one for TV, one for Movies, 40TB of upload and reasonable CPU’s on decent SSD’s for under €3/m each, unfortunately the space can be a problem depending on what you download and how (news requires source RAR files, space to write the output and working room), so it usually makes sense to go slightly higher on the movies instance if you like high quality 1080’s or remix and if you download large series packs, then you need to do he same on the TV instance. Either way you end up with multiple redundant Plex installs as a bonus to spread the load if you have lots of users.

Last edited:

padic

Citizen
Apr 27, 2018
I’ve got a ton of files that are pp-queued using up hard drive space and it keeps downloading and going very slow post processing. Any suggestions on what to change so it focuses on the post processing instead of downloading new?
Not efficient for speed but will address your issue... when Yes, all downloads wait for PP to finish so you end up download, unpack, repair, postprocess before the next nzb begins downloading. I use this on my NAS which has a pretty weak CPU so I am not overloading the CPU trying to unpack and repair while pp encoding.

1530220648095.png

-Padic

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
How does that work? I didn't think you could run plex as a cluster or have it load balance?
Sorry for tye delay in replying - things have been a little busy of late.

A separate project exists to do exactly that, but you can run multiple Plex servers on the same Plex account, for example recently I had a local NUC and a Ryzen box as well as my Hetzner box and Myloc all available in my account without any problems.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending