NZBHydra2: How to add NZBGet as a downloader? | PlexGuide.com

NZBHydra2: How to add NZBGet as a downloader?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

matt314159

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
I'm on Hetzner EX42-NVME running PlexGuide 8.7.5. I've got NZBHydra2 installed and configured - I think it was from the community box but can't remember, maybe it was core. Anyway, I want to be able to get this field to populate with data in the stats section:

1575132224788.png

Doing a little reading online, I think it might be as easy as adding NZBGet as a downloader, although there is some mention of needing nzbget scripts, although that might have been for an older version of Hydra.

Anyway, I've not been successful yet at configuring Hydra with NZBGet. This is the form that comes up:

1575132338261.png

I've toyed around with adding various iterations of my nzbget URL, trying to emulate what I've used for other apps, but no dice. I do have all my ports closed, google oauth is turned on, and I use Cloudflare, for whatever all that's worth. I'm just really not sure what it means with "URL with scheme and full path"

Any tips? Seems like there's no real good documentation for NZBHydra, or if there is, I haven't found it yet.

Thanks!

nachobel

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Feb 2, 2019
I haven’t done what you’re asking about, but I use Hydra as an indexer then just have Arr download from NZBGet. That works out great. Have you tried that?

Reactions: 1 user

timetrex

Elite
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
Think your confused buddy.

Nzbhydra should have your indexers like iotorrents (jackett) or drukenslug (usenet)

After that configure sonarr/ radarr with nzbhydra server details.

Add your down client (s) to sonarr/radarr.

Once finished, then the stats etc will start to populate in nzbhydra as you will be using that to pull the torrents and nzb's from your indexers.

timetrex

Elite
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
If you don't configure an indexer then that can't populate

Yeah op confused as Ur right. Configure indexers, add nzbget to sonarr etc.

matt314159

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
All of that works fine. I'm actually trying to get some of the reporting features to work and in order to get the successful downloads per indexer stat to show up, Hydra needs to talk to the download client to get its history info.

matt314159

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
Sorry I've been away awhile. I use nzbhydra. I want to be clear, I am not confused. I think you're misunderstanding my end goal here. I have indexers set up. I have my --arrs pointing at nzbyhdra and that all works fine.

I'm specifically talking about the reporting section.

To re-create my issue:

1. Log in to NZBHydra
  2. Click "History and Stats"
  3. Click "Stats"
  4. On this page there is all kinds of nifty looking pie charts, graphs, etc.
  5. The one I want to get to populate is "Successful Downloads Per Indexer" and it looks like this:

1576626417730.png
    Reading the documentation that I could find, it said that in order to populate this graph, it needs to be able to talk to your nzb download client, in my case that is NZBGET.

To get to the section where you would give NZBHydra the information about your download client:
  • Click Config
  • Click Downloading
  • Click "Add a new Downloader"
It will look like this:
1576626638226.png

That's what I'm trying to connect, and why. I think it would be really handy to be able to see the completed items per indexer. It would help give me hard stats on which ones might be worth paying for, etc. Additionally this has the benefit of being able to send the nzb right to your downloader for manual searches, but that's secondary, if not tertiary since there are also chrome plugins that can do that same thing. Mainly i want to get that data field populating about the successful downloads per indexer.

Grawl

Active
Donor
Jan 1, 2019
With the way PlexGuide is configured, NZBHydra never talks directly to NZBGet. Sonarr/Radarr requests NZBHydra to find an nzb and if that was found, NZBHydra will send it back. Sonarr/Radarr will pass the nzb to NZBGet.

Stats work just fine this way. Are you sure you have actual indexers configured in NZBHydra?

Last edited:

matt314159

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
Yep.

1576640762797.png

And all of the stats do work--except the one I really want to see.

1576645731905.png

For daily operation, sure, NZBHydra never needs to talk directly to the downloader. But how else is it going to see which grabs were successfully downloaded to completion? I suppose there would be other ways for the -arrs to tell it, but it doesn't seem like Hydra has it implemented that way. I had thought it would be as simple as setting up the connection between nzbget and the -arrs.

If it just can't be done in PlexGuide that's fine, I'll live with it, but I was really hoping to be able to see the successful downloads broken down by indexer if it's do-able. That would help me decide which indexers to rank at what priority, which ones to keep and which ones to let go when they are up for renewal, etc. .

Last edited:

matt314159

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
So is this literally working for everybody else? I'm specifically talking about the bottom right corner of the image above. "Successful downloads per indexer" - It's literally the only one i care about and of course it's the one that says "no data available".

pommy

Experienced
Donor
Jan 18, 2018
So is this literally working for everybody else? I'm specifically talking about the bottom right corner of the image above. "Successful downloads per indexer" - It's literally the only one i care about and of course it's the one that says "no data available".
I know this is an old post but did you get it working? I did and can help you if required.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending