NZBHydra2 | PlexGuide.com

NZBHydra2

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

fyrstrm

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
May 1, 2020
What order do you folks set your indexer priorities to? Or should I rephrase - what rationale do you use to set your priorities?

Thanks peeps!

bretc

Experienced
Donor
Donor
Aug 8, 2018
I put the most expensive ones first so I get my money's worth. ;)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
It depends on the scenario, if you're maxing API hits daily, then consider putting the 'unlimited' ones first, that way you make use of the Api limited ones when they are needed and not just for the sake of it. If you only grab ongoing stuff each day, then it's less important.

Reactions: 1 user

fyrstrm

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
May 1, 2020
Good point, I guess I was just wondering about getting some value out of the free/unreg'd ones by putting them first but wasn't sure - basically inverting them so that you use up all the low API hit ones and then have your big ones next. I'm just not sure if that'd be effective or not. It might just work better doing as you've suggested and load the big ones to the top.

timekills

VIP
Staff
Donor
Sep 12, 2018
I'd generally concur with Datamonkeh as that's (API allotment) really the only limiting factor.
Assuming that isn't a concern, I'd also weigh the average response time (look under the stats section) and front-load those with a lower response time. Some sites can be *extremely* long to reply.
Also consider that (typically) the paid sites are more accurate in listing as well as removing false/incomplete/garbage so that would be a reason to prioritize them.

fyrstrm

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
May 1, 2020
I'd generally concur with Datamonkeh as that's (API allotment) really the only limiting factor.
Assuming that isn't a concern, I'd also weigh the average response time (look under the stats section) and front-load those with a lower response time. Some sites can be *extremely* long to reply.
Also consider that (typically) the paid sites are more accurate in listing as well as removing false/incomplete/garbage so that would be a reason to prioritize them.
Excellent advice thanks. Was that the stats section of Hydra2?

Mar 27, 2020
Good point, I guess I was just wondering about getting some value out of the free/unreg'd ones by putting them first but wasn't sure - basically inverting them so that you use up all the low API hit ones and then have your big ones next. I'm just not sure if that'd be effective or not. It might just work better doing as you've suggested and load the big ones to the top.
What happens to me is if one of those ones hit their limit, then Sonarr will fail the entire Hydra and I have to manually retest. I don't know if my settings are wrong or what, but I've had nothing but bad luck with Hydra and Sonarr.

fyrstrm

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
May 1, 2020
What happens to me is if one of those ones hit their limit, then Sonarr will fail the entire Hydra and I have to manually retest. I don't know if my settings are wrong or what, but I've had nothing but bad luck with Hydra and Sonarr.
Yeah I opted to go as suggested and put the larger paid ones up top and taper down to the least at the bottom. I’ll try that for awhile and see how the stats shake out. I’ll keep you posted. 😉
Post automatically merged:

I’m kind of surprised at the indexer performance and speed stats. I’m thinking NZB.su is under-rated. It’s performing solid and FAST. Anyone willing to share their hydra indexer priority list? 😃
Post automatically merged:

So I’ve seen this question asked multiple times and no one seems to want to answer which confuses me. Does anyone (VIP or non) have the WtF[nZb] API working correctly in NZBHydra2? If so, how? Specifically? If It doesn’t or isn’t going to please just say so. Or if it’s only for VIP, cool. Tell people already! The prior posts seem contradictory on this point. Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020
So I’ve seen this question asked multiple times and no one seems to want to answer which confuses me. Does anyone (VIP or non) have the WtF[nZb] API working correctly in NZBHydra2? If so, how? Specifically? If It doesn’t or isn’t going to please just say so. Or if it’s only for VIP, cool. Tell people already! The prior posts seem contradictory on this point. Thanks
Mine works. This is how I set it up in the browser. I don't know if that URL is unique or what so I blocked out a part of it. I only put in the URL and API key and it went without a hitch. I'm not VIP or anything fancy.

Attachments

• Thinking

alexvinc123

Citizen
Jan 19, 2020
Geek > Planet > DS (free for now)

Not sure if this is best or not but works pretty decent for me

fyrstrm

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
May 1, 2020
Mine works. This is how I set it up in the browser. I don't know if that URL is unique or what so I blocked out a part of it. I only put in the URL and API key and it went without a hitch. I'm not VIP or anything fancy.
Any chance you could just provide the end of the host name. I’m wondering if that’s where my issue is? Thanks. And I think that’s the same for everyone. It’s just the API key that’s unique. Unless I’m completely off base.

fyrstrm

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
May 1, 2020
Yeah, mine is the exact same. I got it working using VPN. Obviously mp IP is still banned in terms of the API. It got unbanned for the website but there must be two places to unban it. I’ll be good when they get around to eventually. Thanks for answering though very much.

bretc

Experienced
Donor
Donor
Aug 8, 2018
1st Level: DogNZB | NZBGeek
2nd Level: miatrix | newz69keagaming | NZB Finder | nzb.su

Nzbhydra never gets banned by radarr or sonarr for me. I feel like I have a setting somewhere in Hydra to mix up who it grabs from within the same level.

It rates them Finder, nzb.su, Geek, Dog, matrix, newz69

fyrstrm

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
May 1, 2020

Nzbhydra never gets banned by radarr or sonarr for me. I feel like I have a setting somewhere in Hydra to mix up who it grabs from within the same level.

It rates them Finder, nzb.su, Geek, Dog, matrix, newz69
Yes I use their algorithm to spread out requests as well between various indexers. My IP was banned initially when I went to logon to WtF, not by using Hydra2. The thing is it appears they unbanned me on the website (can access now) but not from the API side. As soon as I go on VPN it works but that sucks because my bandwidth goes way down. I've emailed a couple times...guess I'll try again. Thanks for the comment.

bretc

Experienced
Donor
Donor
Aug 8, 2018
Yes I use their algorithm to spread out requests as well between various indexers. My IP was banned initially when I went to logon to WtF, not by using Hydra2. The thing is it appears they unbanned me on the website (can access now) but not from the API side. As soon as I go on VPN it works but that sucks because my bandwidth goes way down. I've emailed a couple times...guess I'll try again. Thanks for the comment.
Yeah , I don't have a wtfnzb, so I can't comment on their system--always on the lookout for a new one though if you know how I can get in there! Let us know if they tell you why the ban happened?

I was referring to @PSyCHoHaMSTeRza when I was talking NZBHydra never getting banned. I'd definitely check your settings!

fyrstrm

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
May 1, 2020
Yeah , I don't have a wtfnzb, so I can't comment on their system--always on the lookout for a new one though if you know how I can get in there! Let us know if they tell you why the ban happened?

I was referring to @PSyCHoHaMSTeRza when I was talking NZBHydra never getting banned. I'd definitely check your settings!
Just keep an eye on the WtF[nZb] thread here. @klaagaaa posts frequent partial codes to get you in. You just have to be quick. I just need the second part of my IP ban lifted so I can actually use it. Which indexers do you have? I might be able to help you out. : )

bretc

Experienced
Donor
Donor
Aug 8, 2018
Just keep an eye on the WtF[nZb] thread here. @klaagaaa posts frequent partial codes to get you in. You just have to be quick. I just need the second part of my IP ban lifted so I can actually use it. Which indexers do you have? I might be able to help you out. : )
Ah ok, I'll see if I can subscribe to it--thanks for the headsup!

I only use the ones I listed:
NZBHydra rates them Finder, nzb.su, Geek, Dog, matrix, and last newz69

I also have a free NZBPlanet account that I could upgrade, but it doesn't seem necessary from what others say...

fyrstrm

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
May 1, 2020
Ah ok, I'll see if I can subscribe to it--thanks for the headsup!

I only use the ones I listed:

NZBHydra rates them Finder, nzb.su, Geek, Dog, matrix, and last newz69

I also have a free NZBPlanet account that I could upgrade, but it doesn't seem necessary from what others say...
Nice, that's a good selection. Do you want an invite to Cat, Simply or OZNzb?

bretc

Experienced
Donor
Donor
Aug 8, 2018
Nice, that's a good selection. Do you want an invite to Cat, Simply or OZNzb?
Hey, I already got to add wtf! We'll see how it performs! I would love an invite to Cat--let me know which ones of mine you're interested in (not sure what invites I have, but I'd be happy to check). :)

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending