Ideas - nZEDb Usenet Indexer | PlexGuide.com

Ideas nZEDb Usenet Indexer

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

dexter

Noobz
Original poster
Mar 29, 2018
what do you think about running your own news indexer?
nZEDb is a free and open-source (GPL-licensed) Usenet indexer and it’s a fork of NewzNab plus.
you don't have to give your data to anyone and you can configure them yourself

Reactions: 1 user

WildWayz

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Mar 13, 2018
I tried Newznab (I think) years ago.... takes AGES to index - and wasn't really worth it for just me.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
what do you think about running your own news indexer?
nZEDb is a free and open-source (GPL-licensed) Usenet indexer and it’s a fork of NewzNab plus.
you don't have to give your data to anyone and you can configure them yourself
It's a good suggestion, but is lost beyond the scope of the project. Now if you find containers to run it and push it to the project mostly finished, we can assist. :D

navarisun

Citizen
Jul 12, 2018
i have tried nZEDb and its amazing, instead of paying to indexers, you can run your own indexers and just pay for newz provider for speed downloading.

it's way more better than using torrent, and it can power couch potato or sickbeard or mylar without waiting of seedings for torrents.

and i have made a setup on my old PC, of course it needs a good spec pc, but if you know what you are doing, it should run on any PC with no problem, but it need lot of space.

Porkie

Experienced+
Staff
Aug 9, 2018
Ive tried nzedb also and I think all that cpu/electric hd writes are just not worth the small cost for a indexer.

thepj

Experienced
Staff
Nov 13, 2018
Would it be possible to throw this in now that it has a docker setup?

https://github.com/slydetector/simply-nzedb

I ran newsnab++ for a while and loved it, but would love to be able to deploy this on the same box as plexguide now easily. THis should load the TV releases quite quickly and is already setup, just need to throw in your own news server and account

WildWayz

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Mar 13, 2018
Would it be possible to throw this in now that it has a docker setup?

https://github.com/slydetector/simply-nzedb

I ran newsnab++ for a while and loved it, but would love to be able to deploy this on the same box as plexguide now easily. THis should load the TV releases quite quickly and is already setup, just need to throw in your own news server and account
Probably doing something wrong... have it installed, but it doesn't seem to be cataloging anything...

thepj

Experienced
Staff
Nov 13, 2018
Probably doing something wrong... have it installed, but it doesn't seem to be cataloging anything...
So I spent way too much time that I wouldn't like to admit working on that previous link. I came across this one and figured I would try it since it was "automated": https://github.com/PREngineer/nZEDb-deploy

It had three scripts that you can see what they would run, but it was for Ubuntu 14.04. I spun up a GCE with 14.04, ran these scripts, and it worked the first time right out of the box after I put my news servers info in. Everything setup. I would LOVE to have this as a deployable container so I can keep it on the same host as sonarr/nzbget and use the same IP for usenet connections.

Thoughts?

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending