Discussion - OAuth client ID - No option for "other" | PlexGuide.com

Discussion OAuth client ID - No option for "other"

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

cryptxpro

Citizen
Original poster
Mar 17, 2020
i am trying to setup the google OAuth client ID for rclone however when trying to create credentials i have this issue (in the image below) i do not have option for application type - other
not sure why i have this issue, please can somebody help?

tdrive.jpg

Jstrawsine

Active
Donor
Jan 8, 2019
What if you use this link > https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials

Think you are in the wrong step :)
This link did not work... Google did some sort of changes to the UI and now it appears other is 'non-existent' this is driving me nuts!!!!!!
Post automatically merged:

i am trying to setup the google OAuth client ID for rclone however when trying to create credentials i have this issue (in the image below) i do not have option for application type - other
not sure why i have this issue, please can somebody help?

View attachment 3939
Were you able to get this resolved? This is driving me nuts...

StudSeth

Citizen
Donor
May 3, 2020
I'm not sure if you guys are still having trouble with this, but the screenshot is way outdated, and you might not even be "at the right place" in google cloud console.

You should be managing and have a project selected. If you do and you visit the clound console, you should see this.

1590105049315.png

ALPHA

Citizen+
Staff
Sep 27, 2019
For those of you not having the "other client" option whilst creating your OAUTH client ID, don't panic you're in the right place just select "Desktop app" instead and you should be sorted.unknown.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users

Jstrawsine

Active
Donor
Jan 8, 2019
For those of you not having the "other client" option whilst creating your OAUTH client ID, don't panic you're in the right place just select "Desktop app" instead and you should be sorted.View attachment 4450
Thanks for the update!! Ended up just changing the Service Accounts & Keys on my existing project and worked out.

Reactions: 2 users

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
For those of you not having the "other client" option whilst creating your OAUTH client ID, don't panic you're in the right place just select "Desktop app" instead and you should be sorted.View attachment 4450
NEED THIS ADDED TO (new)WIKI Glorious Leader,

kingelk

Active
Jan 24, 2019
This is great. i had this same problem recently and googled a bit and someone recommended the "TVs and limited input devices" option as the alternative. It appears to be working fine but curious if there is any real difference between the two and whether i should chnage? Thanks

benjamato1

Citizen
Donor
Feb 1, 2020
I used Web Application when I built mine recently and I believe it is what was recommended in the video tutorial I followed.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending