Guides - (Official) How to Add Custom Containers to PG | PlexGuide.com

Guides (Official) How to Add Custom Containers to PG

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Cyb3rGh05t

Experienced+
Donor
Feb 14, 2018
hey team,

i do not know if this is the right place to ask this, but i need some help on making a custom container.
i want to add jdownloader to the apps because i do not work with torrents. How do i need to configure the .yml file to deploy this container an where do i have to download the files to get them automatically uploaded to gdrive or local hdd.

source: https://github.com/jlesage/docker-jdownloader-2

thanks for all help :)

amazing work.

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
added jellyfin, trying to add jdownloader

Reactions: 1 user

Cyb3rGh05t

Experienced+
Donor
Feb 14, 2018
thanks guys i will test it out then.

it only needs a config folder and an output folder for the downloaded files

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
so the good thing about creating a custom container is that if it works, you can always push it to the main project :D

Reactions: 1 users

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018

longman391

Citizen
Donor
Oct 14, 2018
Is there a way to run custom containers with runtime docker options? For example, how to start a postgres container with "--link mydatabase:db" docker options at run?

Thanks!

crichtonguy

Citizen
Sep 16, 2018
Hello, I've followed the steps in adding the .yml file in the "mycontainers" folder but when I run "sudo plexguide" it is not available in the "Box Apps: Core" nor "Box Apps: Community" app sections. I am on plexguide v8.1.3. Do I need to copy it to another directory, such as communityapps, for it to show up?

Thanks!

Sn0wed

Experienced
Staff
Nov 3, 2018
Is there a way to run custom containers with runtime docker options? For example, how to start a postgres container with "--link mydatabase:db" docker options at run?

Thanks!
Ya, you can enable this through portainer if you choose duplicate/edit function.Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.05.58 PM.png

longman391

Citizen
Donor
Oct 14, 2018
Hello, I've followed the steps in adding the .yml file in the "mycontainers" folder but when I run "sudo plexguide" it is not available in the "Box Apps: Core" nor "Box Apps: Community" app sections. I am on plexguide v8.1.3. Do I need to copy it to another directory, such as communityapps, for it to show up?

Thanks!
Just to confirm- you renamed the YAML file to not have an underscore at the start?

crichtonguy

Citizen
Sep 16, 2018
Just to confirm- you renamed the YAML file to not have an underscore at the start?
Correct, there were no underscores in my file name (qbvpn.yml). Not auto importing into 8.1.6 either when placed in the "mycontainers" folder.

Last edited:

ryanjohnson

Citizen
Sep 28, 2018
Correct, there were no underscores in my file name (qbvpn.yml). Not auto importing into 8.1.6 either when placed in the "mycontainers" folder.
Just wanted to add that I am also experiencing this issue since upgrading from version 7. Is a clean install necessary?

samspade21

Citizen
Donor
Aug 11, 2018
Just wanted to add that I am also experiencing this issue since upgrading from version 7. Is a clean install necessary?
I am on v.8.3.13 and I have the same trouble. I have another custom container defined in mycontainers that was deployed on version 7 and it re-deploys and works great. However, my new container (pihole.yml) does not appear in PG Box (any option) and when you type pihole (value of pgrole in the ansible file) it is not found.

Sn0wed

Experienced
Staff
Nov 3, 2018
I am on v.8.3.13 and I have the same trouble. I have another custom container defined in mycontainers that was deployed on version 7 and it re-deploys and works great. However, my new container (pihole.yml) does not appear in PG Box (any option) and when you type pihole (value of pgrole in the ansible file) it is not found.
Again I recommend adding them through Portainer. The user interface makes them so much easier.

Dec 23, 2018
@samspade21 Heres the bug that is related to this issue: Can't create custom containers

@Sn0wed I personally find the portainer UI to create containers to be clunky and prefer using the ansible pg template. That being said, a bug is a bug.

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending