OMG invite window ----NO ASKING FOR INVITES HERE-----OP YOURE FINE | PlexGuide.com

OMG invite window ----NO ASKING FOR INVITES HERE-----OP YOURE FINE

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

kingdrewsupreme

Citizen
Jun 24, 2020
compared to the other nzb indexers, is omg that much better? between nzbgeek and DS I haven't really had any issues in finding content.

I'm quite new to usenet so forgive my ignorance.

Nerosutton

Experienced+
Original poster
Staff
Donor
Dec 1, 2019
omg invites are only available to omg vip members.
compared to the other nzb indexers, is omg that much better? between nzbgeek and DS I haven't really had any issues in finding content.

I'm quite new to usenet so forgive my ignorance.
ALWAYS use what works for YOU. No one has the same technical setup, downloading needs or Usenet experience that you do. Other people may have an opinion as to what's the 'best' Indexer but they aren't you. If geek and slug are working fine for you then another Indexer would be nice, but it's not gonna exponentially increase your results. If you've a spare 10 bucks and you get an invite decide for yourself if you want to try it.

Reactions: 1 user

Sarjil

Citizen+
May 21, 2019
I did it give me error
Post automatically merged:

The error i am getting as this I have enter the amount still i am getting errors

Attachments

Nerosutton

Experienced+
Original poster
Staff
Donor
Dec 1, 2019
i would say contact staff then mate. see why. i ain't had that problem before.
I think he believes he has to have a vip sub to this site to get an omg sub. He's confusing donating to pg.com with donating to omg.

kingdrewsupreme

Citizen
Jun 24, 2020
omg invites are only available to omg vip members.

ALWAYS use what works for YOU. No one has the same technical setup, downloading needs or Usenet experience that you do. Other people may have an opinion as to what's the 'best' Indexer but they aren't you. If geek and slug are working fine for you then another Indexer would be nice, but it's not gonna exponentially increase your results. If you've a spare 10 bucks and you get an invite decide for yourself if you want to try it.
if I could somehow get an invite that would be great as I would like to try it but I won't kill myself trying to get one. Thanks for the insight.

Reactions: 1 users

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
From my experience, the well known ones (omg, dogz, etc) are all roughly equivalent. Older content is hit or miss not due to the quality of the indexer but moreso because dmca notices were sent to usenet providers to delete the listing. Providers will usually delete just enough to prevent the item from being repairable / unrar'd, essentially making the item useless to the downloader. This is generally why older Usenet downloads fail. I have found that adding preferred tags of "scrambled" or "obfuscated" in sonarr/radarr/lidarr yields greater success, as the items file names have been renamed into a random set of numbers and letters, making it harder for providers to associate the object with a dmca takedown request.

Point being if you have 2 or 3 solid indexers for redundancy, you should be fine.

Generally speaking "0 day" stuff works fine. Set your *arrs to prefer Usenet and do rss syncs every 15m (assuming you are violating your indexers rules.) Also, in your usenet downloader like sabz, enter the Usenet server closest to your server first with a higher priority, then their counterpart with a lower priority, but ensuring you do not exceed connection count. For example, if you have 20 connections with usenetxyz, and your server is in Germany, set your primary server to usenetxyz's Europe DNS server name with 15 connections and high priority, then set a second entry for usenetxyz's US server with lower priority and 5 connections. Always use their encrypted port/option.

Reason being when a dmca notice comes in, sometimes it takes a while for the delete request to replicate across the server farms. Generally speaking the window is short, but it could be enough to allow you to successfully grab something that would have otherwise failed.

*assuming your aren't violating...

Last edited:

dcybergeek

Citizen
Jun 19, 2020
I believe sunlight is the best disinfectant. I know it makes some people mad that I name names but I think it's silly to expect that sites won't be talked about. At least that's my opinion anyway.
Thanks for the share, I understand the world can be selfish sometimes but hey sharing is caring right? Or atleast that's how we say it in piracy.

From my experience, the well known ones (omg, dogz, etc) are all roughly equivalent. Older content is hit or miss not due to the quality of the indexer but moreso because dmca notices were sent to usenet providers to delete the listing. Providers will usually delete just enough to prevent the item from being repairable / unrar'd, essentially making the item useless to the downloader. This is generally why older Usenet downloads fail. I have found that adding preferred tags of "scrambled" or "obfuscated" in sonarr/radarr/lidarr yields greater success, as the items file names have been renamed into a random set of numbers and letters, making it harder for providers to associate the object with a dmca takedown request.

Point being if you have 2 or 3 solid indexers for redundancy, you should be fine.

Generally speaking "0 day" stuff works fine. Set your *arrs to prefer Usenet and do rss syncs every 15m (assuming you are violating your indexers rules.) Also, in your usenet downloader like sabz, enter the Usenet server closest to your server first with a higher priority, then their counterpart with a lower priority, but ensuring you do not exceed connection count. For example, if you have 20 connections with usenetxyz, and your server is in Germany, set your primary server to usenetxyz's Europe DNS server name with 15 connections and high priority, then set a second entry for usenetxyz's US server with lower priority and 5 connections. Always use their encrypted port/option.

Reason being when a dmca notice comes in, sometimes it takes a while for the delete request to replicate across the server farms. Generally speaking the window is short, but it could be enough to allow you to successfully grab something that would have otherwise failed.

*assuming your aren't violating...
Sorry if I misunderstood but aren't these top indexers good for obscure content? I have heard they got obsfucated tags to prevent DMCAs.

You can donate any amount you like in a single transaction
The VIP time is calculated automatically on a day by day basis at a rate of $10 (USD) per 365days (1 year).
Examples:
· donate $10.00 for 365 days of VIP
· donate $20.00 for 730 days of VIP
· donate $5.47 for 200 days of VIP
· donate $27.39 for 1000 days of VIP

We currently accept:
· Bitcoin (BTC)
· Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
· Dash (DASH)
· Ethereum (ETH)
· Litecoin (LTC)
· Monero (XMR)
· Zcash (ZEC)

but if you ain't got VIP now. it's too late lol. you can get the VIP now. you just won't wont get the 1 invite as it's too late.
Hey @ pazler2k18 where are you seeing VIP prices? Under donate I am only seeing Donor, Freelancer, Patreon and Sponsor. I too am looking forward to support the community. Awaiting your reply or if any top level staff/member can shine any light on this.

Last edited:

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
How good is OMG compared to the other white whale indexers?
best in the world imo.
but wtf do i know

dP

For anyone reading this, I'd kill for an omg invite. Like Ross ulbricht style kill. As in, I'd totally botch it, and we'd both go to jail. So even though I'd do it, don't ask me to. It will only end poorly...

But I'd still really like an invite.
hahaha
Best fu(king comment EVER.

But you're still not getting one.

dP

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
When the thread title clearly says 'NO ASKING FOR INVITES HERE' can we please not ask for invites? Thanks :)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Sorry if I misunderstood but aren't these top indexers good for obscure content? I have heard they got obsfucated tags to prevent DMCAs.
They do sometimes tag the releases with obfuscated, but that's only because the releasing groups obfuscate the Usenet post and send the info to distributors who then post them on indexing sites, at least from my understanding.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
They do sometimes tag the releases with obfuscated, but that's only because the releasing groups obfuscate the Usenet post and send the info to distributors who then post them on indexing sites, at least from my understanding.
In some cases, it's quite likely the link is even closer than that.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending