NZBGet - Optimizing nzbget Speeds | PlexGuide.com

NZBGet Optimizing nzbget Speeds

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

matt314159

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
Y'all will think I'm crazy. My performance is great. I'm on PG 8.7.5 / Hetzner EX-42-NVME. Gigabit. I don't really have anything to complain about.

I use NewsDemon (highwinds) for my primary provider. My transfer speeds in NZBGet are only about 85-90MB/s. I have SSL off for my news servers. Same whether I set it to 20 connections or 50, so I generally leave it at 20.

A certain amount of overhead is expected, but I can usually get 90% of my rated speed at home. On a gig connection, shouldn't I expect something closer to 110MB/s with usenet? What do y'all get? well-seeded Torrents are 110MB/s or more. And I swear when I first set this thing up 8 months ago I was seeing 100-110MB/s in nzbget as well

I don't really care all that much, I mean it's perfectly acceptable performance, but a little question nags at me: could it be a little better?

matt314159

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
That's what I would expect too. I'm on newsdemon (eu servers) and Tweak. (I'm confused because tweak is supposed to be highwinds too but often fills quite well for demon.)

My upload to google even with blitz still caps out around 60MB/s so since that's my bottleneck anyway I don't think I'm going to worry about it.

Is that how your blitz performs, too?

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending