gadgethome

PG Sergeant
Dec 28, 2018
Reactions
5 0 0
PG Version
Server Type
Local - Virtual Machine
Just installed on a fresh VM. Installed portainer and the My Account seems to be missing and unable to set or update the admin password.

plex_noob

PG 2nd Lieutenant
Tech Lead
PG Donor
Oct 1, 2018
Brussels
Reactions
85 0 0
docker stop portainer
mv /opt/appdata/portainer /opt/appdata/portainer.old
docker start portainer

This should work.

Marinerdevil

PG Sergeant
PG Donor
Jan 6, 2019
Reactions
17 0 0
Just spun up a new server at Hetzner and installed 8.1 also...no admin PW for portainer nor does portainer see the containers

Also portainer was not installed during installation of PG. I installed it after b/c PGdef was complaining it wasn't there, so I added it and PGdef was happy. But Portainer ain't happy.

Last edited:

foolio

PG First Class
Jan 10, 2019
Reactions
2 0 0
I have done a fresh new install of 8.1 and new to plexguide however I noticed portainer is not auto installed is part of the core apps list and after you install it it starts the contianer with cmd "- -no-auth" (according to portainer) which would explain for the no login prompt.

So this maybe a noob question but how do I go about protecting portainer in this instance?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
Reactions
1,967 0 0
thanks guys fixed. I restored the password and put portioner back, it got sucked into core apps, so when it started, it had no way to start portioner. I put a copy of it in the main pg for the initial auto creation. please report new thread if issue persists!

Status
Not open for further replies.