Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2018
Reactions
5 0 0
PG Version
Server Type
Local - Virtual Machine
Just installed on a fresh VM. Installed portainer and the My Account seems to be missing and unable to set or update the admin password.

Marinerdevil

PG Sergeant
PG Donor
Jan 6, 2019
Reactions
17 0 0
Just spun up a new server at Hetzner and installed 8.1 also...no admin PW for portainer nor does portainer see the containers

Also portainer was not installed during installation of PG. I installed it after b/c PGdef was complaining it wasn't there, so I added it and PGdef was happy. But Portainer ain't happy.

Last edited:

foolio

PG First Class
Jan 10, 2019
Reactions
1 0 0
I have done a fresh new install of 8.1 and new to plexguide however I noticed portainer is not auto installed is part of the core apps list and after you install it it starts the contianer with cmd "- -no-auth" (according to portainer) which would explain for the no login prompt.

So this maybe a noob question but how do I go about protecting portainer in this instance?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
Reactions
1,944 0 0
thanks guys fixed. I restored the password and put portioner back, it got sucked into core apps, so when it started, it had no way to start portioner. I put a copy of it in the main pg for the initial auto creation. please report new thread if issue persists!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Developer Donations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dittohippo