Portainer - PG 8.1 Portainer - no password | PlexGuide.com

Portainer PG 8.1 Portainer - no password

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgethome

Veteran
Original poster
Staff
Donor
Dec 28, 2018
Just installed on a fresh VM. Installed portainer and the My Account seems to be missing and unable to set or update the admin password.

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
docker stop portainer
mv /opt/appdata/portainer /opt/appdata/portainer.old
docker start portainer

This should work.

Reactions: 1 user

Marinerdevil

Experienced
Donor
Jan 6, 2019
Just spun up a new server at Hetzner and installed 8.1 also...no admin PW for portainer nor does portainer see the containers

Also portainer was not installed during installation of PG. I installed it after b/c PGdef was complaining it wasn't there, so I added it and PGdef was happy. But Portainer ain't happy.

Last edited:

foolio

Experienced
Jan 10, 2019
I have done a fresh new install of 8.1 and new to plexguide however I noticed portainer is not auto installed is part of the core apps list and after you install it it starts the contianer with cmd "- -no-auth" (according to portainer) which would explain for the no login prompt.

So this maybe a noob question but how do I go about protecting portainer in this instance?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I'll work it. Was out

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
thanks guys fixed. I restored the password and put portioner back, it got sucked into core apps, so when it started, it had no way to start portioner. I put a copy of it in the main pg for the initial auto creation. please report new thread if issue persists!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending