Discussion - PG Clone "Client ID & Secret" Issues | PlexGuide.com

Discussion PG Clone "Client ID & Secret" Issues

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

0rang3

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Hi all,

I have previously set up PG two different occasions without having my current issue, so I am wondering if something changed? I go to option 4 - PG Clone > I set my transport method > then I am presented with option 1 "Client ID & Secret" and option 2 "GDrive" > select option 1 where I am prompted to navigate to oauth.pgblitz.com... but that address results in a 404 error. What am I missing here?

I attempted to search around for an answer and found almost nothing on the subject. Even the wiki does not appear to go into specifics. Though I do believe it used to.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist. I'm hoping I'm just missing something here.

doob

Administrator
Project Manager
Jun 7, 2020

0rang3

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Doob,
Though I am sure you are trying to assist me with your link to the wiki, I have reviewed it multiple times. The prompt for the ID from oath.pgblitz.com does not appear at that link. Honestly, I don't see that it is discussed anywhere. If I am wrong then please kindly give me a more verbose answer.

For clarity here is a screenshot with exactly what I am looking at. 1603500705930.png

doob

Administrator
Project Manager
Jun 7, 2020
Don't use the oauth link from the oauth.plexguide

You need to past your Google credits

Reactions: 1 user

0rang3

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Just in case someone runs into this issue in the future and is unable to find guidance. When you are prompted for "Client ID & Secret" and it says to navigate to oath.pgblitz.com... that is false. Evidently this changed but the steps in PG were not updated.

You will want to go to https://console.developers.google.com/ and generate and API key (ID) and secret. Thee wikis have shifted a few times, but for now the instructions on how to do so can be found here https://plexguide.com/wiki/google-oauth-keys/.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending