Discussion - PG Clone Second Teamdrive | PlexGuide.com

Discussion PG Clone Second Teamdrive

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Byte02

Citizen+
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
Well from looking around and searching the forums. It seems like we can not have a 2nd Teamdrive in the current PGBlitz but I was wondering if anyone has found a way to do this yet? I was planning on using 2 drives 1 for Movies and 1 for Series. I already been working on my Movies one and have it setup like "Teamdrive/Crypt-Folder/Movie-Folder-Name/Movie.mp4" and it is already active and working. I am using PGBlitz for mainly for a feeder server to my Teamdrives as I have been manually finding movies downloading them and then uploading them myself. lol

So I am trying to see what I can do. This is been a fun learning experience so far. Had a few problems with PG Shield after hours of playing figured out I needed to add the OAuth cname into cloudflare. LoL

Horatius369

Citizen+
Feb 5, 2020
The only reason I would see for having 2 drives is space, which you clearly don't need.

It is possible in PG 8.7.5 but it is a pain in the a**, PGX(10) will support it tho and I'm really interested in it.

Can you elaborate on the OAuth cname into cloudflare for PG Shield? I have not entered a cname for shield and I'm interested.

Currently the best way (if you need more space) is using the GDrive instead of the TDrive.

Byte02

Citizen+
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
well I am not using emby, plex, or jellyfin at this time. I have a different setup and I have a server that streams only moves and will have a server that streams only series. So I would like to only load the TDrive for series for that server and TDrive for only movies for the Movie server. This might not be needed but is what I was planing but now I am looking to use PG for a feeder server to use to download movies and series and move them to the TDrives.
So I was trying to see the best way to do this as if I have to make a new TDrive for Movies and Series I will have to figure how to move all my current data over to it and will have to change all the current path names for everything. Which will be a pain as well. LoL

On the OAuth, I set it up in PG but whenever I would go mydomain.com or tried to open pgui.mydomain.com or portainer.mydomain.com I would get the Google Auth login but after I woud login I would get a error I can not remember the exact wording but it was something like "oauth.mydomain.com’s server IP address could not be found." I made sure I had the Authorized Redirects was https://oauth.yourdomain.com/_oauth and it was and I kept getting the error. After playing with it for a few hours of rebuilding and research I remembered that I read somewhere that you need to make sure all the containers you want to access had cname's setup and active in Cloudflare, when I was setting that up. So I went there and added a cname for pgui and oauth. I waited about 30 mins as I got busy playing with some other stuff and tried to login and it worked with no problems. So i was assuming that was the problem.

Horatius369

Citizen+
Feb 5, 2020
As you are looking for a feeder server isn't cloud box.works not a better option maybe? (lol the word cloud/box without the slash results in PlexGuide).

So you currently have a TDrive with Movies and one with Series.

1. There are ways to mount it quite easily but the correct settings are a pain in the a** (or always have been for me), it is just rclone. It is what 'everybody' uses (including PG) to connect linux to GDrive.

2. To move a lot of data between drives there are multiple options.
First, rclone with server-side transfer. If you don't have too much data I would suggest going with this. I know that this works but it requires a lot of bandwidth .
Second would be folderclone and autorclone, I don't have any experience with these but I heard they do a good job.
See here: https://plexguide.com/threads/move-content-in-team-drive-to-other-team-drive.6543/#post-39801

Byte02

Citizen+
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
Well I never heard of cloud box. I will look into it but I did already buy a dedicated server to use for this feeder project lol. I wanted to use PG as it had the the way to bypass the 750G limit and its the only one I have heard about.

okay thanks for the link I will check out that thread as well. Thanks for all the help so far with everything.

Cyb3rGh05t

Experienced+
Donor
Feb 14, 2018
use rclone config to add a second teamdrive, after adding it successfully go ahead a create a service for this teamdrive to be mounted on boot, after that you also need to add the path to the Plex container to make it work with the newly added mount. After that you can add it in Plex Web for your TV Show Library.

Thats the easy way.

Reactions: 1 user

Byte02

Citizen+
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
well what I figured I would do to make things easy is just download the files in chunks and then move them to the folder for PGBlizt and let it upload it to the new TDrive that will have both of them in 1. Because it seems like the only why I will be able to be able to use PG Blitz to upload everything and bypass the upload limit.

With that in mind I need some help, from reading the wiki I would put
moves in /mnt/unionfs/movies/
and series in /mnt/unionfs/tv/
and PG Blitz will upload them it self to the encrypted folder and then delete them from the harddrive?

Also is it fine to just use the mv command since I will do it in chunks of say 1TB, like..
sudo mv /path/files/are/at/* /mnt/unionfs/movies/

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
No need for multiple team drives unless you have 400,000 files. If you wanted movies on one server and TV on another then you just mount the appropriate folder on each server. I must be missing something, but why aren't you using the normal automated process to download/upload? The whole point of PG is to automatically download content, process it and then upload it to the appropriate folder, what is it that makes you want to do this manually?

Byte02

Citizen+
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
I understand people say there is no need for 2 but I had it that way because that is how I wanted it and it made sense to me and my setup. I understand automation is the point of PG and is why I am trying to get it setup but I already been using Rclone and mounts on my servers and been doing it manually. Sorry not trying to be/sound rude but anyway I am trying to make it into 1 TDrive now.

So, I already have two TDrives with encrypted data and I am want to take that data and make 1 TDrive that PG will using.
So I figure the easiest way to combine everything would be to.....
1) mount the two encrypted drives to my PG server
2) then I can move the data from the 2 mounts to a temp folder on the PG server (this will download the files to the server, I plan to do in chunks of about 1TB)
3) Move the files into the correct PG folders
4) let PG upload it to the new TDrive

So I am looking to make sure I understand the correct folders to move my data to and make sure the mv commad I listed will be ok to use. Thanks

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
PGX will do this in combining stuff together but uploaded is not ready yet.

Reactions: 1 users

Byte02

Citizen+
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
@Admin9705 Yeah, I seen that you said PGX will do this and that is great, I can not wait to use it!
I also know it takes many hours to get each part going and I was hoping to get things automated now since we not sure when PGX will be out and ready. So that is why I was trying to get everything setup into the 1 TDrive so I can start using it save me some time lol

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
well I am not using emby, plex, or jellyfin at this time. I have a different setup and I have a server that streams only moves and will have a server that streams only series. So I would like to only load the TDrive for series for that server and TDrive for only movies for the Movie server. This might not be needed but is what I was planing but now I am looking to use PG for a feeder server to use to download movies and series and move them to the TDrives.
So I was trying to see the best way to do this as if I have to make a new TDrive for Movies and Series I will have to figure how to move all my current data over to it and will have to change all the current path names for everything. Which will be a pain as well. LoL

On the OAuth, I set it up in PG but whenever I would go mydomain.com or tried to open pgui.mydomain.com or portainer.mydomain.com I would get the Google Auth login but after I woud login I would get a error I can not remember the exact wording but it was something like "oauth.mydomain.com’s server IP address could not be found." I made sure I had the Authorized Redirects was https://oauth.yourdomain.com/_oauth and it was and I kept getting the error. After playing with it for a few hours of rebuilding and research I remembered that I read somewhere that you need to make sure all the containers you want to access had cname's setup and active in Cloudflare, when I was setting that up. So I went there and added a cname for pgui and oauth. I waited about 30 mins as I got busy playing with some other stuff and tried to login and it worked with no problems. So i was assuming that was the problem.
Thank you for this, creating the cnames for oauth resolved my issue.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending