Discussion - PG Move Encrypted - failed to create filesytem - invalid ":" char | PlexGuide.com

Discussion PG Move Encrypted - failed to create filesytem - invalid ":" char

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

MrWhippyT

Noobz
Original poster
Apr 21, 2018
First, thanks for all the hard work on this project. Loving it more and more as it gets polished :)

Have had multiple installs succeed over the last few months on Hetzner rentals, local server (HP proliant) and in Ubuntu Server VM running on windows PC.
Just trying to set up a fresh sytem in a VM on a local PC, opting for PG Move - Encrypted version.
After setting the oath and password/salt getting the following errors: -

---
2018/12/12 18:06:24 Failed to create file system for "gdrive:/plexguide": drive: failed when making oauth client: failed to create oauth client: invalid character ":" after object:key pair

2018/12/12 18:06:24 Failed to create file system for "gdrive:": drive: failed when making oauth client: failed to create oauth client: invalid character ":" after object:key pair
---

Any ideas?

This bit of the install is noticeably a bit different to the way I've done it before, looks like a few of the steps have been automated (thumbs up) but wondering if there's a gremlin crept in or maybe I'm poking it with the wrong stick.

Cheers...

unuspromulti

Citizen
Mar 3, 2018
First, thanks for all the hard work on this project. Loving it more and more as it gets polished :)

Have had multiple installs succeed over the last few months on Hetzner rentals, local server (HP proliant) and in Ubuntu Server VM running on windows PC.
Just trying to set up a fresh sytem in a VM on a local PC, opting for PG Move - Encrypted version.
After setting the oath and password/salt getting the following errors: -

---
2018/12/12 18:06:24 Failed to create file system for "gdrive:/plexguide": drive: failed when making oauth client: failed to create oauth client: invalid character ":" after object:key pair

2018/12/12 18:06:24 Failed to create file system for "gdrive:": drive: failed when making oauth client: failed to create oauth client: invalid character ":" after object:key pair
---

Any ideas?

This bit of the install is noticeably a bit different to the way I've done it before, looks like a few of the steps have been automated (thumbs up) but wondering if there's a gremlin crept in or maybe I'm poking it with the wrong stick.

Cheers...
Have you had any luck with this? I've just received the same message when trying to install the unencrypted version.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
You guys are the first two to have mentioned this. i suspect bad input; trust me; if problematic; would have been lit on the forums for days on end :D

unuspromulti

Citizen
Mar 3, 2018
You guys are the first two to have mentioned this. i suspect bad input; trust me; if problematic; would have been lit on the forums for days on end :D
Are you questioning my ability to copy/paste?! How dare you! :D

I was actually having problems with copy/paste so writing it in manually, so I've just gone in via Putty and done it again and voila! Bad input indeed! :geek:
Thanks!

MrWhippyT

Noobz
Original poster
Apr 21, 2018
Have you had any luck with this? I've just received the same message when trying to install the unencrypted version.
Gonna have to agree with Admin, suspect it was bad typing at my end. Don't actually know for sure.

I banged my head against it for a day or two and then got side tracked by real life. By the time I had a chance to get back to it I went for the option of deleting the hetzner cloud instance and starting from scratch over trying to remember where I was up to with the broken one. The new instance installed without issue and I've never been able to recreate it.

My best guess is I typo'd my Google oauth secret or salt, or something like that. If that was the cause, the debug didn't light up any bulbs in my brain, but like I say, I'm guessing because I've never had the issue again and I must be at least half a dozen fresh plexguide installs down the line since then. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending