Discussion - PG Move for Server Backup | PlexGuide.com

Discussion PG Move for Server Backup

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

apelectric

Citizen+
Original poster
May 27, 2018
I know this is a little outside the scope of Plexguide but does anyone us the different PGmove options to backup their Windows? I was wondering if it would be a good idea to setup another instance of plexguide on my Server 2016 Hyper-V host as a backup appliance but only use the file transfer options to backup the host and other VMS since I have so much cloud space with Gsuite and Team drives?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
haha you lost me. sounds good :D good sync is good for windows.

DarkSoul1970

Citizen
Sep 22, 2018
I know this is a little outside the scope of Plexguide but does anyone us the different PGmove options to backup their Windows? I was wondering if it would be a good idea to setup another instance of plexguide on my Server 2016 Hyper-V host as a backup appliance but only use the file transfer options to backup the host and other VMS since I have so much cloud space with Gsuite and Team drives?
I have done what your trying to accomplish by installing rclone on my 2016 server and creating scripts to export the vm's to a directory and then another script to rename them and move them to google drive.. its pretty simple to do. but be warned it takes a long time to move the data and it will count against how much data you can move in a day.

i can provide you with the simple scripts to do it if your interested.. i run them in task scheduler. 1 backup a day once a week. i will eventually script it to prune old backups but for now im just saving everything. i've only tried it with small VM's of 30 Gig or less so be warned if you try it with a large vm it may take days to move to gdrive

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending