Discussion - PG Move information? | PlexGuide.com

Discussion PG Move information?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Cyb3rGh05t

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Feb 14, 2018
hey team :)

i need some help regarding pg move. how does it works? how are files directly uploaded to gdrive or local hd? where do files have to be downloaded to get it automatically uploaded to gdrive or local hd?
can i have some information about this please?

thanks a lot :)

M

MrDoob

first they are stored locally on the hard disk,
after that they will be on ~ / mnt / move. (pgblitz) pushed.
PGBlitz detects new files and they are uploaded to the cloud.

away the data:

{download} -> ~ / mnt / move ->
{PGblitz / PGclone} ->
tDrive or GDrive.
~ / Unionfs / {folder}

Cyb3rGh05t

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Feb 14, 2018
thank you for the quick reply:)

do i need a special structure on gdrive or on local hdd?

i am testing pg 7.7.7 on vm ubuntu 18.04. i stored some test media in /plexmedia
on gdrive my structure is

gdrive:
-> plexmedia
-> movies
-> shows

thanks

M

MrDoob

Screenshot_20190106-173307_JuiceSSH.jpg

Here my struktur ..

~/mnt/
abooks
ebooks
movies
music
tv >• season {XX}/
xxx

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
thank you for the quick reply:)

do i need a special structure on gdrive or on local hdd?

i am testing pg 7.7.7 on vm ubuntu 18.04. i stored some test media in /plexmedia
on gdrive my structure is

gdrive:
-> plexmedia
-> movies
-> shows

thanks
if running a new server, please use 8

Cyb3rGh05t

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Feb 14, 2018
i started working with pg v5 and then i went away for a business trip. now i see a lot of new features and other stuff. i uninstalled the older version an installed v7 but now i am stuck on some points to get it up an running like i had it before.

M

MrDoob

No ,

If you use tdrive : all files are moving to tdrive

If you use gdrive : all files are moving to gdrive

Same as tcrypt and gcrypt

Reactions: 1 user

jeffcameron

Citizen+
Donor
Dec 25, 2018
I have some confusion around this topic as well.

Should we manually create the same set of folders on tdrive, ie. a movies folder and a tv folder? It seems as though they're auto-created on local HD.

Furthermore, I am confused where to point tv shows to in Sonarr or movies in Radarr? Are those programs configured to utilize the auto-created local hierarchy for their temp storage prior to their blitz/move to cloud?

And what are these mystical directories that we point plex libraries at? It doesn't seem to exist in real life and I'm guessing it's due to some unionfs trickery?

jeffcameron

Citizen+
Donor
Dec 25, 2018
I've had some successful tests and can answer my own questions in case there's anybody else out there trying to learn how to set this up and came across this post:

1. You don't have to manually create anything on the tdrive. With a complete setup of PGBlitz, Nzbget, and Sonarr/Radarr, the following two top-level folders will be created on the tdrive once shows/movies start downloading/transferring: movies and tv with their respective movie and tv folders also created when everything is uploaded.

2. I'm not 100% on how this was before, but I installed 8.0.12 yesterday and read something about the folder hierarchy being fixed. Per some other posts' instructions, I used /mnt/unionfs/tv and /mnt/unionfs/movies respectively when adding shows to Sonarr and movies to Radarr.

3. This mystery also seems to be cleared up with installing 8.0.12. I pointed my plex tv and movie libraries at the same folders mentioned in #2 respectively.

Cyb3rGh05t

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Feb 14, 2018
I am using Plexguide with Solo HD edition for testing purpose. But i need to create a new entry point in the container to plex docker to have access to my media folder on localhd. am i missunderstanding something for the the folders that pg use or do i have to copy my media in different folder on localhd? my media is stored in ~/plexmedia so i had to create a new entry point in plexcontainer over portainer to add my media to plex. do i need to copy it to another place on hd?

thanks for any reply

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending