Discussion - PG Move - Noob question | PlexGuide.com

Discussion PG Move - Noob question

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

BradleySommers$$

Citizen+
Original poster
Dec 24, 2018
Hi all,

I've gone through the guide and installed PG and plex. Great success, kudos to the developers. I have a few queries pertaining to the upload process. Please confirm (or correct my understanding) of the below process;

Question 1.
1. Movies/tv shows are copied into mnt/unionfs/movies or mnt/unionfs/tv;
2. These are then encrypted and uploaded to ent gdrive; and;
3. The original files are then deleted off local storage ?

If (3) is incorrect do I need to delete the files myself ? My guess was/is that the "move" of PG move relates to files being moved not copied but I could be wrong..

Question 2.
Where do the files cache to ? and how big of a cache do I need for 2TB worth of movies/tv shows

Question 3.
I currently have a 40gb Ubuntu VM set up as a test to ensure I can get everything working before moving to a 500gb or possibly 1TB partition for the VM + plex metadata. Is this too big/too small or just right for my current 2TB needs ?

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
1.3 you're correct in your assumption regarding 'move', so you need to do nothing(if set up correctly of course).
2 opt/plexguide (others will correct if im wrong)
3 it will work but when you start getting into the 500+ tv shows and 5000 films territory is where youll come unstuck
(furthermore to down and then unpack say a 40gb uhd bluray rip will take MORE THAN double that space)
if using for simply the plex server then it will work but anything more than that... don't give yourself the headache.

merry muxmux

DP

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
yup spot on

pYTTH

Elite
Staff
Nov 1, 2018
Go with the 1 TB from beginning if u can. Makes life easier

Best setup:
System (linix, dockers, temp downloads...) --> SSD as big as possible
Storage --> gdrive or HDD

Reactions: 1 user

BradleySommers$$

Citizen+
Original poster
Dec 24, 2018
Go with the 1 TB from beginning if u can. Makes life easier

Best setup:
System (linix, dockers, temp downloads...) --> SSD as big as possible
Storage --> gdrive or HDD
If I move everything to a 1tb hard drive now is it possible/will it be possible to transition PG VM to an SSD in future ?

pYTTH

Elite
Staff
Nov 1, 2018
If I move everything to a 1tb hard drive now is it possible/will it be possible to transition PG VM to an SSD in future ?
Yepp. You can move the whole vm as it is or just install fresh a linux and bring back your backups, right @Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018

Uy9KC7OP2R2yn6TZVSMP

Active
Staff
Mar 2, 2018
I would love it if we were able to indeed move instead of copy when using usenet only. The reason why it's not moving seems to be related to the way docker is configured. If sonarr/radarr think that it's not on the same disk, they copy, otherwise they move. Something like that. Copying is painfully slow even on SSD with 50+ GB 4k remuxes.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending