Discussion - PG move not uploading but downloading | PlexGuide.com

Discussion PG move not uploading but downloading

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

flyingwasabi

Citizen+
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
I just notice that my server is somehow downloading files to /mnt/move, instead of uploading them.
I have Game of thrones and house of cards already uploaded to GDrive, and when I started a fresh server, /mnt/move is empty, and it works just fine (when I add new files into it).
however, all of sudden it is downloading GoT and HoC (at least the two I noticed) to /mnt/move folder. I checked my nzbget and those were not downloaded by nzbget. it's a fresh server with nzbget as the only downloader....

does anyone know why it's doing this? so weird.

Reactions: 1 user

Miguel

Veteran
Staff
Donor
Feb 6, 2018
Make sure you've followed the wiki and turned off all options for analysing media in sonarr, radarr & plex

Chrisputer

Experienced
May 25, 2018
I just notice that my server is somehow downloading files to /mnt/move, instead of uploading them.
I have Game of thrones and house of cards already uploaded to GDrive, and when I started a fresh server, /mnt/move is empty, and it works just fine (when I add new files into it).
however, all of sudden it is downloading GoT and HoC (at least the two I noticed) to /mnt/move folder. I checked my nzbget and those were not downloaded by nzbget. it's a fresh server with nzbget as the only downloader....

does anyone know why it's doing this? so weird.
I was just about to post this too. It is doing the same thing except it is doing it with my already downloaded movies. I'm really at a loss as to what is happening. Constantly downloading at ~300mbps. Then PGBlitz uploads the movie again. So weird.

For me, I think its something tied to Radarr because it only does this with my movies and only when Radarr is running. Also, it makes Radarr unkillable for a while when the server reboots.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
to be honest, i have not seen this behavior. if you have some logs or info to capture it, it would help.

Miguel

Veteran
Staff
Donor
Feb 6, 2018
Chris you also haven't mentioned if you followed my recommendation of making sure all analysing of media is turned off in radarr and plex?

Chrisputer

Experienced
May 25, 2018
Where are the Blitz log files again @Admin9705 ? I cannot locate and my Find/Grep skills suck

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Chris you also haven't mentioned if you followed my recommendation of making sure all analyzing of media is turned off in radarr and plex?
Yes, it is turned off. I did read the wiki. It appear to be downloading from the T Drive and dropping into move to be uploaded again.
But only when radarr is loaded. Reading Radarr logs now...
I use Emby in place of Plex.

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Where are the Blitz log files again @Admin9705 ? I cannot locate and my Find/Grep skills suck

Yes, it is turned off. I did read the wiki. It appear to be downloading from the T Drive and dropping into move to be uploaded again.
But only when radarr is loaded. Reading Radarr logs now...
I use Emby in place of Plex.
good to know

Miguel

Veteran
Staff
Donor
Feb 6, 2018
Please post any relevant snippits of radarr log.

And even though you've turned it off, turn on "Analyse Video Files" in radarr, hit save and then turn it off again and hit save. I've had webui bugs before where it would say settings were things that they were not.

Also the option directly below "Analyse Video File" of "Change File Date" should be set to "None"

Last edited:

Chrisputer

Experienced
May 25, 2018
Please post any relevant snippits of radarr log.

And even though you've turned it off, turn on "Analyse Video Files" in radarr, hit save and then turn it off again and hit save. I've had webui bugs before where it would say settings were things that they were not.

Also the option directly below "Analyse Video File" of "Change File Date" should be set to "None"
Change File Date... that has to be what is happening!

Also came across this:
18-10-10 15:42:10.3|Warn|DiskScanService|Movies' root folder (/unionfs/movies) doesn't exist.

Miguel

Veteran
Staff
Donor
Feb 6, 2018
Anything that modifies your files in anyway will end up pulling those files back to make the changes where they then get uploaded again.

on the missing root folder, assuming you use /unionfs/movies as your library path then just give radarr a restart and it should go away, sometimes it does that if it comes up before the mount starts.

Reactions: 1 users

Chrisputer

Experienced
May 25, 2018
Anything that modifies your files in anyway will end up pulling those files back to make the changes where they then get uploaded again.

on the missing root folder, assuming you use /unionfs/movies as your library path then just give radarr a restart and it should go away, sometimes it does that if it comes up before the mount starts.
Yep, that was it. I will remember that it needing to download and upload to make a modification.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending