Discussion PG Move vs Plexdrive for Plex (read)?

Agent_One

Noob
Original poster
Local time
12:34 PM
Sep 19, 2018
So I've got PG Move setup on Sonarr and Radarr and they're working pretty great. I'm trying to decide though if I should use PG Move or Plexdrive for Plex itself?

What's your results with both. Does Plexdrive being read onyl or something else give it an advantage over PG Move?

plex_noob

Staff
Donor
Local time
1:34 PM
Oct 1, 2018
Brussels
So I've got PG Move setup on Sonarr and Radarr and they're working pretty great. I'm trying to decide though if I should use PG Move or Plexdrive for Plex itself?

What's your results with both. Does Plexdrive being read onyl or something else give it an advantage over PG Move?
Hi, I think you're mixing different concepts. PlexGuide is the project and uses different scripts and apps to manage and handle the video files. Pgmove and pgblitz are both scripts that are uploading files to Google drive once downloaded. They are exclusive meaning you need to chose either one or the other. For plex itself, PlexGuide uses a unionfs mount to present the files from Google drive as well as the local files waiting to be uploaded. Plexdrive is another project and should preferably not be mixed with PlexGuide.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Local time
11:34 AM
Jan 20, 2018
You have two different parts as Plex_Noob suggests, move and drive. Move does as the name suggests, it'll move files from one location to another. Drive is simply a method of merging or fusing GDrive and local storage together. PlexDrive is another project, but it's one that PlexGuide used to use (PD4, PD5, then came PGDrive).

Reactions: plex_noob

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.