PG server won't boot after Plex filled disk up with metadata. | PlexGuide.com

PG server won't boot after Plex filled disk up with metadata.

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Horatius369

Citizen+
Original poster
Feb 5, 2020
Hello,

Plex DB got so big that it entirely filled up my disk. I rebooted my PC and it wouldn't boot again but get the message: "started session c1 of user gdm" then to c2 or something etc.
Googled it and tried to boot into recovery, got minimal grub bash line.

Got a live linux USB, booted into it. My old ssd (/dev/sdc) was mounted, I could browse it. Unmounted it to check for drive failures. Got the error: bad magic number in super-block. So I rebooted to get it mounted again and just delete some files to see if that would work. I cannot mount it anymore.

GParted reads the disk as GPT with an EFI system partition as fat32 and a ext4 partition.
I have a new SSD ready to merge it with, or copy all the data over (cannot be lost, 250GB of metadata and DB is a pain in the a**). When I try: sudo mount /dev/sdc /media/oldssd I get "wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdc, missing codepage or helper program or other error".

I'm not that experienced with Linux (and drives) so what would be the next step? I could try to merge my new ssd with my old one but I have no idea if that is a good idea.

Thanks in advance!

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending