PG Shield and NZB360 | PlexGuide.com

PG Shield and NZB360

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt314159

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
With ports closed and PG Shield enabled, is there a way to use the NZB360 android app? It makes sense that it would break since there doesn't appear to be a way to OAuth it in the NZB360 app, but is there a workaround that doesn't involve turning off protection?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
no idea, the project was never designed based on nzb360; nor have i ever loaded. all pg sheild does is protect outside intruders, so you take your pick :D. you'll see this asked here and there, but there is a good chance you won't.

hooper

Governer
Staff
Donor
Aug 1, 2018
With ports closed and PG Shield enabled, is there a way to use the NZB360 android app? It makes sense that it would break since there doesn't appear to be a way to OAuth it in the NZB360 app, but is there a workaround that doesn't involve turning off protection?
you can turn off pg shield for apps that have built-in auth.

I installed nzb360 and was able to configure it to work with sabnzbd quite easily. what app integrations are you having problems with?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
you can turn off pg shield for apps that have built-in auth.

I installed nzb360 and was able to configure it to work with sabnzbd quite easily. what app integrations are you having problems with?
oh yeah duh, app exemption; forgot I put that in there :D

matt314159

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
I think I was overthinking it. I believe Radarr, Sonarr, and NZBget all have built-in auth that I can probably use. I'll read up more on it tonight but I think you're right this probably isn't going to be a big deal.

S

subse7en

You can't use it with PG shield because it does not understand that there is basically a firewall between it it does not understand Google auth and has no concept of it.

matt314159

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
I mean I get that part of it, like why it wouldn't work, but wasn't sure if there was perhaps a way to exempt a device in the google project or something to exempt either a mac address, or IP address range, or something along those lines.

But I think I'll just exempt Radarr, Sonarr, and NZBGet from PG Shield and set up authentication in each of those individual apps to get around it.

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
i spoke about this previously.
exemptions have nothing to do with it.
afaik there's no workaround.
exempting apps from shield does NOT allow the api to connect.the end.
PG shield is meh anyway.
as you state having authentication for each app is not THAT big a deal; you'll only need to do so once (per open window) and then as long as window/tab remains open you're gravy.

similarly pg shield also blocks heimdall enhanced apps so, for me anyway, it was a big fat timehole with more negatives than positives.

YMMV obviously, and i might well just be a miserable grumpy c*nt.

dP

Last edited:

matt314159

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
exemptions have nothing to do with it.
Wait, I might be misunderstanding something, but I should just be able to exempt sonarr, radarr, and nzbget from PG Shield, then it doesn't require the google oauth and my NZB360 app will work as before...no?

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
Wait, I might be misunderstanding something, but I should just be able to exempt sonarr, radarr, and nzbget from PG Shield, then it doesn't require the google oauth and my NZB360 app will work as before...no?
indeed.you'd think so.but that did not work for me.
YMMV of course.
the oauth acts as a wall between the ENTIRE server.
exempting an app simply does nothing to change that.
it just allows each app the ability to be authenticated by itself as opposed to as a whole.
for that reason i find shield an unnecessary distraction.
Again, ymmv.

matt314159

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
YMMV of course.
it just allows each app the ability to be authenticated by itself as opposed to as a whole.
Again, ymmv.
Well shoot. I haven't tried NZB360 yet but will when I get home. This might end up being a dealbreaker for me, I actually rely quite heavily on 360.

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
Well shoot. I haven't tried NZB360 yet but will when I get home. This might end up being a dealbreaker for me, I actually rely quite heavily on 360.
same.nzb360 is a great app.shield breaks it.just dont bother with it.
make sure you just set up logins for each app and you'll be fine.
dP

UncleBuck

Elite
Staff
Dec 21, 2018
I have never tried NZB360 but I ran into this issue trying to use the tautulli android app. I simple excluded tautulli from PGShield and was then able to use the app. I don't see whey this would not work for NZB360.

Reactions: 1 user
S

subse7en

Correct you exclude the app and then you gotta redeploy app or traefik as it states. It will then work with nzb360

Reactions: 1 user

matt314159

Experienced+
Original poster
Donor
Nov 29, 2018
Correct you exclude the app and then you gotta redeploy app or traefik as it states. It will then work with nzb360
Perfect will give that a shot. I had to do that last night for Ombi anyway and it appeared to work.

hooper

Governer
Staff
Donor
Aug 1, 2018
YMMV of course.
Again, ymmv.
You need to redeploy your apps after exempting them in shield.

I have configured sonarr/sabnzbd and radarr to work with nzb360 this morning using this approach. Prior to exempting the apps the integrations with nzb360 would not work.

Last edited:

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
AH I SEEEEEEEEEEE
thanks for the input guys.
shield is, in that case, worth doing.
i am SURE i tried myself AND redeployed too..but it was probably after 5 hours of being online, after 8 hours of laying bricks.. so you know... my brain was farting.

trying again now.
THANKS

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
i suppose this will allow the enhanced apps in heimdall api access too?!
SPLENDID!

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
just a though before i try again guys...
surely if i exempt heimdall,tautulli, sonarr,radarr,lidarr,sabnzbd what is the point in using shield?
is there another benefit i have missed?
i thought it was merely a time saving exercise not having to login in to each app individually.

dP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending