PG Shield and NZB360 | PlexGuide.com

PG Shield and NZB360

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Shield serves as an ultimate defense between you and malicious threat actors. It's up to you if you want to use it or not :D Heimdall for example has 0 default protection or metadata and speedtest and quite a few others

hooper

Governer
Staff
Donor
Aug 1, 2018
just a though before i try again guys...
surely if i exempt heimdall,tautulli, sonarr,radarr,lidarr,sabnzbd what is the point in using shield?
is there another benefit i have missed?
i thought it was merely a time saving exercise not having to login in to each app individually.

dP
Shield is really beneficial for the apps that don't have an internal auth mechanism. An app like jackett for example. It is also useful to apps that DO have an internal auth mechanism, but you don't want to use it so that your access to all the web frontends is streamlined and not interrupted by constant login requests.

that being said, there are situations like the one detailed in this thread, that requires shield protection be removed to facilitate an app that doesn't understand how to deal with the oauth component.

Nothing is perfect, unfortunately. But at least with PG we can ensure that access to your applications is fronted by some form of authentication (either internal or using PG Shield and OAuth). Or you can decide to not do that - it is up to you.

UncleBuck

Elite
Staff
Dec 21, 2018
^^ Exactly. I have PG Shield deployed and turned off Auth on Sonarr, Radarr and sabnzbd. I exempted tautulli and ombi. and secured both with the internal auth. Everything works great and I don't have to constantly log into those apps behind PGShield.

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
Shield serves as an ultimate defense between you and malicious threat actors. It's up to you if you want to use it or not :D Heimdall for example has 0 default protection or metadata and speedtest and quite a few others
sorry mate, that's not correct. they've implemented login fairly recently.
when i log in to my heimdall page i am prompted for my pw.
you have to set it up but it's definitely now an option.
netdata yep open as a barn door.. if only the (the best) functionality of it (namely showing the upload/download grafx) could be applied to pgui.

dP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending