Discussion - PGMove - Failing to move | PlexGuide.com

Discussion PGMove - Failing to move

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

boganslayer

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Have gdrive set up correctly - it creates the "plexguide" folder. Puts stuff from rutorrent into "move" folder. Gdrive looks just not moving anything.

Initial deploy works fine.

After attempting to re-deploy again in 5 minutes due to no activity gives me the it's not set up correctly error.

Code:
Sunday 03 February 2019  11:06:37 +0100 (0:00:00.521)       0:00:12.317 *******
===============================================================================
Stop All Docker Containers ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 8.94s
Checking Existing Service Name ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1.73s
Stop If Service Is Running ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1.06s
Remove Services ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 0.52s

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
? System Message: Conducting Validation Checks - gdrive

? System Message: Creating Test Directory - gdrive:/plexguide
2019/02/03 11:06:39 Failed to create file system for "gdrive:/plexguide": can't point union remote at itself - check the value of the remote setting

? System Message: Checking Existance of gdrive:/plexguide

2019/02/03 11:06:39 Failed to create file system for "gdrive:": can't point union remote at itself - check the value of the remote setting

⛔  System Message: Validation Checks Failed

TIPS:
1. Did you set up your gdrive accordingly to the wiki?

S

subse7en

Make sure you're on latest, check your rclone.conf file for bad lines.

/opt/appdata/plexguide/rclone.conf

At the end, look for [unionfs] and replace with [pgunion]. If neither exist, add [pgunion] to the top of the bottom 2lines. Save and redeploy mounts

S

subse7en

Also you must setup download mappings in sonarr/radar, see the wiki. Failure to have them results in no uploads

boganslayer

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Also you must setup download mappings in sonarr/radar, see the wiki. Failure to have them results in no uploads
As per wiki I have set the following path download in sonarr for each show
/mnt/unionfs/tv

and remote mappings as follows
host: rutorrent
remote path: /mnt/downloads/rutorrent
local path: /mnt/unionfs/rutorrent

boganslayer

Experienced
Original poster
Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Tried deploying PGBlitz for the first time after the setup just to see if everything was right and pgblitz moved the files straight away after deploying.

I want to use pgmove though so I will give it another shot.

PGMove seems to have woken up again :)

Last edited:

timetrex

Elite
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
I had the same issue, actually upgraded from 7x version to 8.3, Pg move seemed to work but stopped. Then I updated rclone to the new beta version, redeployed the mounts and all seems good now.

djzidon

Experienced
Jul 7, 2018
@subse7en I just upgraded from 8.1.0 to 8.3.12 and couldn't get into sonarr with my password (rararr was working fine).

So I redeployed sonarr and lost all of my data in there (ie, new install).

Now I'm trying to restore using Vault and I keep get the same error as @boganslayer:

↘️ Downloading Data From Google Drive - sonarr
2019/02/03 12:09:25 Failed to create file system for "gdrive:/plexguide/backup/server05/sonarr.tar": can't point union remote at itself - check the value of the remote setting

So I went with your suggestion above to open up the rclone.conf and look for unionfs, but it wasn't there for me. Closest thing I found was 2 lines from bottom something like `type = union`

Now after restore my error message is this:

↘️ Downloading Data From Google Drive - sonarr
2019/02/03 12:25:30 Failed to create file system for "gdrive:/plexguide/backup/server05/sonarr.tar": didn't find backend called "pgunion"

djzidon

Experienced
Jul 7, 2018
UPDATE:

I switched `type = pgunion` back to `type = union` and then added a line in the empty space above it `[pgunion]` (brackets needed) and it worked!

Now I'm just stuck not being able to get into sonarr (can't get past the password form)

S

subse7en

It sounds like your backup data is no good. Probably from an old sonar version that isn't compatible with it now.

Only thing to do is to just set it up again from scratch.

S

subse7en

It might not be were using old sonarr (like radarr ui) or new sonarr (like lidarr ui)?

If old sonarr, they should upgrade your data, but that's on them.

The backup may be corrupted, happened to me with plex :(

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending