PGX - 19 April Status & Upload Video Demos | PlexGuide.com

PGX - 19 April Status & Upload Video Demos

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
Biggest notes here is the proof of concept of the uploader working, videos at the bottom, more apps added, several bugs fixed, and rewrote the apps installer for PGX to be more efficient. NOTE there is a chat option on the forum now.

BIG THINGS you'll love from PG 8.7.5
  • Files will upload from it's complete location; a tracker is keeping track of the file
  • A merit list is generated to download your files
  • Files will upload by themselves, no longer transferring a fixed amount
  • New system allows instant upload of completed files; eliminating gap periods
  • Utilizes a slot system, but the slots are based on the file transfer info; not moving the file
  • This will enable better troubleshooting
  • A script will be written to pay attention the rclone output of individual files; recognizing stuck files and etc.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
  • Installation - Installs
  • Upgrade Function
    • Use pgalpha <<< to get latest alpha build; true upgrade function added when all done
  • Traefik - Functions
  • Drives - Functions
    • PG Unity (former /mnt/unionfs) - Ready (now /pg/unity)
    • Google Drive - Deploys (/pg/gd)
    • Multiple Shared Drives - Deploys (gd/whatever-its-name-is)
    • Encryption - Deploys (/pg/gc and /pg-whateverits-name-isc)
  • Data Transport
    • Drives Basic (former PGMove) - <<< WORKING ON (Uploader Works, Cannot Select Yet)
    • Drives PGBlitz - Not Working
  • PG Shield
    • Not ready
  • Port Guard
    • Not ready
  • PG Box
    • Primary Apps - Majority of Containers Working
      • PLEX - Ready (local has not been test, but remote works)
      • Emby - Ready
    • Community Apps - Area works, but apps need to be added
    • Personal Apps - Not Ready
  • PG Press
    • Cannot utilize yet
  • PG Vault
    • Cannot backup or restore apps
  • PG Cloud
    • Cannot deploy GCE
  • Tools
    • PG Scan, Patrol, and etc not ready

VIDEO 1

Basically, the uploader is running and you can typing dummy files, it's catching to upload to your drives. Note, that when it's truly running, you won't see this; it's all background.

VIDEO 2

Basically, i have the script creating junk data to upload. When everything is uploaded, then showing creating junk files on the file for things to upload as with VIDEO 1.

1587334805633.png

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
Reactions: Cyb3rGh05t

kennsann

PG Sergeant Major
Sep 14, 2019
Really excited for PGX. Been using 8.7.5 for production and its been solid!
Post automatically merged:

Btw, are you going to implement pgacan on pgx? Im not so sure, but seems it was shelved some time ago (or I'm blind and didnt see this on 8.7.5). As far as I know it is Plex Autoscan. This is something I'd like to see on pgx.

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
Really excited for PGX. Been using 8.7.5 for production and its been solid!
Post automatically merged:

Btw, are you going to implement pgacan on pgx? Im not so sure, but seems it was shelved some time ago (or I'm blind and didnt see this on 8.7.5). As far as I know it is Plex Autoscan. This is something I'd like to see on pgx.
yes

Reactions: six106ten

bodgeup

PG Sergeant Major
Staff
FreeLancer
Donor
Aug 12, 2018
Cant wait to see PGX running fully too! I tried a test of the alpha and it looks great so keep up the good work!! Also on a side not was V9 ever completed as a beta or was it dropped and merged to V10 alpha?? Sorry just been looking on GitHub to see whats new since i last looked!! Im running 8.7.5 and its solid as said above but v8.6base does that have anything new over 8.7.5 or again was that dropped so everyone could concentrate on PGX Alpha??

Thanks again and ill be watching eagerly at what comes on GitHub!!

CyborgPirate

PG Sergeant Major
Aug 22, 2018
Ahh this is very exciting. I thought the project was dead for a bit. Had not seen news of a release in months (a year?). Multiple team drives is amazing! Thanks guys!

Reactions: Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
Ahh this is very exciting. I thought the project was dead for a bit. Had not seen news of a release in months (a year?). Multiple team drives is amazing! Thanks guys!
Just need a break. I never had a break between learning from start to where pg 8.7.5 got to. From noob to that. I needed time to decompress all the info, which is why the pgx10 is a refreshed rewrite with the core stability from 8.7.5 as a guide.

CyborgPirate

PG Sergeant Major
Aug 22, 2018
Just need a break. I never had a break between learning from start to where pg 8.7.5 got to. From noob to that. I needed time to decompress all the info, which is why the pgx10 is a refreshed rewrite with the core stability from 8.7.5 as a guide.
Well you've done very well. I have been programming professionally for 5 years and taught quite a few people. It is quite impressive to build something like this from no knowledge in a couple years. Well done!

rcarteraz

PG 1st Lieutenant
Donor
Nov 14, 2018
Awesome to see progress again! Glad you were able to take a break though. I can't wait to see what comes next for Plexguide.

Reactions: Admin9705

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending