PGX Alpha - 5 April | PlexGuide.com

PGX Alpha - 5 April

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
This is super broken and only meant to see how it works and report bugs (lots of bugs). Visit - https://plexguide.com/threads/pg-install-instructions.243/ - Do not use for any production!

READ EXTRA INFO BELOW!!!!!!!!! ~ Biggest Point is RClone files and tokens deploy for Multiple Share Drives and Google Drive; does not mount the drive yet to a location such as /pg/gd ~ You have no idea how mind numbing to code that was haha, but a great challenge!

• Installation
    • Installs
  • Upgrade Function
    • Use pgalpha to get latest alpha build; true upgrade function added when all done
  • Traefik
    • Functions
  • Drives
    • PG Unity (Former PG Union) - Not Ready
    • Google Drive
      • Tokens Deploy and builds rclone config
      • Does not mount as a regular drive yet
    • Shared Drive
      • Tokens Deploy and builds rclone config
      • Does not mount as a regular drive yet
    • Encryption
      • Tokens deploy for both google drive and share drive
      • Does not mount as a regular encrypted drive yet
    • Data Transport - Drives Basic (former PGMove) and Drives PGBlitz - Not Working
  • PG Shield
    • Not ready
  • Port Guard
    • Not ready
  • PG Box
    • Primary Apps - Several Containers Working
    • Community Apps - 0
    • Personal Apps (ability to use not ready)
  • PG Press
    • Cannot utilize yet
  • PG Vault
    • Cannot backup or restore apps
  • PG Cloud
    • Cannot deploy GCE
  • Tools
    • PG Scan, Patrol, and etc not ready

EXTRA INFO

* PG will not longer keeps the data transport and mounts together; rather separate it. Doing so allows the following:
  • READ ONLY MODE - Allows user to deploy mounts without using Drives Basic or Drives Blitz (and generate all those keys)
  • Allows a user to use the LOCAL mount, still deploy PGBlitz and GDrive and have data store to the local mount.
  • Allows a user to deploy multiple team drives
  • Allows a user to use Drives Basic (pgmove) on a team drive
  • Allows a user a shared drive (team drive) to upload to
  • Can deploy all share drives and ignore gdrive setup
---------------------------------------------

So here we TEST Google Drive rclone build and WORKS. You can see the A folder from the google drive! (and the encryption portion works also)

1586132348566.png

Next, we will test my share drive (demo) called zzzz which build and works! (and the encryption does also)

1586132433013.png

So you'll notice the zzzz above in the share folder and rclone future mount called zzzz: and we get the A folder!

---------------------------

So i build 6 test drives. It tallies the number you have built, but not active (but they work; it's tomorrow addition)

1586132505785.png

You'll see ---- zzzz ---- as we tested

So now lets use ---- aaaaaa

1586132546291.png

What we see here it works great because all the items are NOT SET and NO because it is another unconfigured share drive.

1586132777481.png

So here it is deploying and testing and works!

1586132596588.png

After filling everything for --- aaaaaa --- lets execute

1586132624629.png

and with the rclone check, aaaaaa is works in seeing FOLDER A from the share drive (and the encryption works)

So next step is to count active drives and getting the drives mounted and deploying /pg/unity to unify the drives!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
This is awesome! Thank you! Also just a heads up, looks like Google finally rolled out it's shortcuts feature (in beta form.) It's not part of the sdk yet but once it is, looks like rclone will implement it. If it works like current "add to my drive" functions work, it may eliminate the need for multiple mounts. I just tested it via the web interface and it works well. Plexguide sees the folder as a file and can't do anything with it, rclone doesnt see the shortcuts at all. But here's the feature request for context:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
thanks for heads up. The current form will serve a purpose due to use of encrypted and nonencrypted use. But will pay attention! Thanks again! If it rolls out within the next few months all ready to go, probably be part of an update :D

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Yeah I'm looking forward to it. The only thing that isn't clear is how upload limits will be counted. Assuming they will count towards their respective destination point but that's not clear yet. With regards to encryption, this will still work nicely since you only mount one drive, then create your crypt mounts against shortcut folders/subfolders. In addition I've noticed Google seems to throttle api hits not only by account, but by IP source address too. So having it all on one mount with dir cache/vfs cache/etc will allow for optimal efficiency.

And awesome work so far! I plan to try and test out the latest alpha this week and hope I can contribute some useful feedback. Unfortunately I suck at coding.

tattoomees

Active
Donor
May 4, 2018
can /mnt/unity be customizable ? i dont want rescan my library again whe is time for upgrade existing path is /mnt/unionfs

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
This is a brand new complete rewrite. Stick with 8.7.5. It's not upgradeable.

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Symlink /mnt/unionfs to /mnt/unity on host. All containers should be none the wiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending