plex automatic restart

Shedman214

Original poster
Local time
12:14 AM
Oct 11, 2018
would it be wise to have write a cron job for plex to restart at a specific time everyday to keep it fresh???

Reactions: iqy90

axlrod

Local time
1:14 AM
Jun 6, 2019
I have not done this on my current build but my pre-PG build I did and it was pretty easy. I had it at 4am every day and it was pretty issue free. I have had a few recent plex issues where the server was "up" but not remotely accessible and have thought about a weekly restart as docker restart plex has fixed it every time.

Shedman214

Original poster
Local time
12:14 AM
Oct 11, 2018
how did you do it? did you write a script, add it in docker or etc. im not really tech savy but i know restarting it once a day would help it.

Reactions: DeadPool

DeadPool

Local time
6:14 AM
May 2, 2018
one idea is to set your backup (if you do one) to 4am every day. backup for a big plex library takes a while so this solution might not be what you're looking for but it's a thought.

Edrock200

Local time
1:14 AM
Nov 17, 2019
If your getting a lot of buffering, and the host is a VM, I suggest going into pgui advanced settings and implementing the memory balloon settings to prevent your hypervisor from forcing ram flushes. It may also be beneficial on non VM hosts, but I'm not sure. Also optimize your DB, clean bundles and empty your trash in Plex.

Reactions: Cthe1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.