Plex - plex automatic restart | PlexGuide.com

Plex plex automatic restart

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Shedman214

Citizen
Original poster
Oct 11, 2018
would it be wise to have write a cron job for plex to restart at a specific time everyday to keep it fresh???

Reactions: 1 user

Cthe1

Experienced+
Mar 5, 2019
What do you mean with keep it fresh? talking about keeping Plex updated or?

Shedman214

Citizen
Original poster
Oct 11, 2018
yes like make it restart every day at 2pm or something. so it wont buffer alot when it restarts

axlrod

Active
Jun 6, 2019
I have not done this on my current build but my pre-PG build I did and it was pretty easy. I had it at 4am every day and it was pretty issue free. I have had a few recent plex issues where the server was "up" but not remotely accessible and have thought about a weekly restart as docker restart plex has fixed it every time.

Shedman214

Citizen
Original poster
Oct 11, 2018
how did you do it? did you write a script, add it in docker or etc. im not really tech savy but i know restarting it once a day would help it.

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
one idea is to set your backup (if you do one) to 4am every day. backup for a big plex library takes a while so this solution might not be what you're looking for but it's a thought.

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
If your getting a lot of buffering, and the host is a VM, I suggest going into pgui advanced settings and implementing the memory balloon settings to prevent your hypervisor from forcing ram flushes. It may also be beneficial on non VM hosts, but I'm not sure. Also optimize your DB, clean bundles and empty your trash in Plex.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending