Plex AutoScan Highly Recommended - v2 | PlexGuide.com

Plex AutoScan Highly Recommended - v2

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

avpnut

Citizen+
Feb 7, 2019
@avpnut
For you it's better to use drive-montorring.

Command for authorization

Code:
sudo docker exec -it plexautoscan /usr/bin/python /opt/plex_autoscan/scan.py authorize
when i had this installed directly on the server and not in a docker container i did have drive monitoring active. i just noticed your instructions, i will do so. thank you for all your help. I just wish i know why it wasent working for me.
Post automatically merged:

@avpnut
For you it's better to use drive-montorring.

Command for authorization

Code:
sudo docker exec -it plexautoscan /usr/bin/python /opt/plex_autoscan/scan.py authorize
I setup the drive monitoring per the instructions. it seems to be working based on the logs. i just wanted to ask you if i setup the server path mappings correctly. I made a seperate line for each folder location and one for each teamdrive and my drive because i use both atm. media is my team drive location. see screen below

1592491022605.png

Last edited:

doob

Administrator
Project Manager
Jun 7, 2020
I mean this will work ...

But after the authentication..

sudo docker restart plexautoscan

Last edited:

avpnut

Citizen+
Feb 7, 2019
I mean this will work ...

But after the authentication..

i did run the authentication and it does seem to be working, i just wanted to make sure those mappings were correct.
thank you so much for your help.

1592494881930.png

Reactions: 1 user

mythbuster

Active
Sep 23, 2018
I thought I had this set up correctly, but cannot for the life of me figure out why autoscan can't connect to plex - see below log error.

I feel like plex and 32400 are standard, so I'm not sure why it can't connect? I've been able to connect sonarr and radarr with the same settings (connecting to plex without autoscan).

ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='plex', port=32400): Max retries exceeded with url: /myplex/account (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f4b11b78810>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name does not resolve',))
2020-06-29 08:22:54,106 - WARNING - PLEX [139960394939168]: Checking again in 15 seconds (attempt 51024)...
2020-06-29 08:23:09,139 - ERROR - PLEX [139960394939168]: Exception checking if Plex was available at http://plex:32400:

doob

Administrator
Project Manager
Jun 7, 2020
sudo docker exec plexautoscan rclone --version
It will print v1.52.1
>>><<<

for update rclone
Code:
sudo docker exec -it plexautoscan  /bin/sh 
apk update
apk upgrade 
wget https://downloads.rclone.org/rclone-current-linux-amd64.zip -O rclone.zip --no-check-certificate &&
unzip -oq rclone.zip && rm rclone.zip && mv rclone*/rclone /usr/bin && rm -r rclone* && mkdir -p /rclone && clear && exit 

coltonomore

Citizen+
Jan 23, 2020
sudo docker exec plexautoscan rclone --version
It will print v1.52.1
>>><<<

for update rclone
Code:
sudo docker exec -it plexautoscan  /bin/sh
apk update
apk upgrade
wget https://downloads.rclone.org/rclone-current-linux-amd64.zip -O rclone.zip --no-check-certificate &&
unzip -oq rclone.zip && rm rclone.zip && mv rclone*/rclone /usr/bin && rm -r rclone* && mkdir -p /rclone && clear && exit
I tried that and it still is doing the same thing. Also it is showing 1.52.2

Last edited:

nickmers

Active
Donor
Donor
Nov 24, 2019
With "sudo docker exec plexautoscan rclone --version" I have already rclone v1.52.2.

I tried that and it still is doing the same thing. Also it is showing 1.52.2

Yes, same error after do that

Last edited:

timetrex

Elite
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
Any help with this would be great.

I managed to update rclone and restarted the pgsca n service but still didn't work.
Also running plexguide and going into transport settings then pulled down rclone 1.48

Currently in docker container, this error
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 3468: Connection refused

b101marc

Citizen
Donor
Donor
Jul 11, 2018
Having some issues getting this set up. I've adjusted the json file as instructed and got the docker running successfully but I can't get it working in sonarr. the test always fails. I'm getting the following error from Sonarr.

Request Failed. POST /api/v3/notification/test: DNS Name Resolution Failure: 'plexautoscan'

Any help much appreciated. Sorry if I missed this posted elsewhere.

nickmers

Active
Donor
Donor
Nov 24, 2019
Any help with this would be great.
I managed to update rclone and restarted the pgsca n service but still didn't work.
Also running plexguide and going into transport settings then pulled down rclone 1.48
Currently in docker container, this error
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 3468: Connection refused
I see that you have a different problem... I saw in github changes about two days ago. I dont know but I think that is something with that because I didnt do nothing and now dont work. Its a pitty because plexautoscan is really great, I cant image normal plex scan again :(

timetrex

Elite
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
I see that you have a different problem... I saw in github changes about two days ago. I dont know but I think that is something with that because I didnt do nothing and now dont work. Its a pitty because plexautoscan is really great, I cant image normal plex scan again :(
Think my issue is the same, as I had the same error as well. I had tried upgrading rclone, but still didnt help.

doob

Administrator
Project Manager
Jun 7, 2020
I update last night the docker ..

Code:
sudo mkdir -p /opt/appdata/plexguide/config/rclone

sudo cp -rv /opt/appdata/plexguide/rclone.conf /opt/appdata/plexautoscan/rclone/

sudo chown -cR 1000:1000 /opt/appdata/plexautoscan/

--------------------

Docker is patched

simple copy the rclone.conf to
Code:
sudo cp -rv /opt/appdata/plexguide/rclone.conf  /opt/appdata/plexautoscan/config
To patch the docker

Code:
1.) Copy the rclone.conf 
2.) Portainer > local > plexautoscan  > duplicate/edit > deploy 
3.) Done

timetrex

Elite
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
I update last night the docker ..

Code:
sudo mkdir -p /opt/appdata/plexguide/config/rclone

sudo cp -rv /opt/appdata/plexguide/rclone.conf /opt/appdata/plexautoscan/rclone/

sudo chown -cR 1000:1000 /opt/appdata/plexautoscan/

So i'm using the script that was attached at the start of this thread for the docker sabrsorensen/alpine-plex_autoscan ( pgscan.zip.)

I have now uninstalled plexautoscan as I was getting no where with it after it broke. I have installed it again, and followed your direction but I still get the same error.

In the config json - I am pointing the rclone config to /opt/appdata/plexautoscan/rclone/rclone.conf
But I still get the same error. Restarted the docker with no joy.. can you give me some further assistance.

thanks

nickmers

Active
Donor
Donor
Nov 24, 2019
Thanks for answer. Same issue after do that

So i'm using the script that was attached at the start of this thread for the docker sabrsorensen/alpine-plex_autoscan ( pgscan.zip.)

I have now uninstalled plexautoscan as I was getting no where with it after it broke. I have installed it again, and followed your direction but I still get the same error.

In the config json - I am pointing the rclone config to /opt/appdata/plexautoscan/rclone/rclone.conf
But I still get the same error. Restarted the docker with no joy.. can you give me some further assistance.

thanks
Yes, I did same but still same issue.

doob

Administrator
Project Manager
Jun 7, 2020
Switch the branch to >>
Code:
mdroob/pascan:latest

Last edited: