Welcome to PlexGuide.com

Register & Join Our Community Today!

Register Log in

Plex Clouding with Plexguide!

Read Deiteq's (Cofounder) Review & For a Discount Voucher!
Thread starter #1

Azlaroc

PG User
PG Donor
So this is a work in progress. I will update as I go. The idea is to build a complete guide for my plex cloud project using plexguide scripts. I hope my jorney on this project will help others and inspire idea's.

So I have 40 TB of stuff, movies, music, TV, etc, that I need to upload to googledrive then share out with a cloud box. I am currently using a ssdnodes.com box. not sure if i will stick with it so we'll see. im thinking of moving away from torrents in favor of newsgroups so I dont need a big drive to share back out. Also want to build out a full request system so users can auto request new stuff. Currently im building out my cloud box but having issues with docker and ufw which is unique to ubuntu 16.04 but thats the only choice i have on ssdnodes. I about got it working but then changed my daemon.json and everything stopped working... put it back and everything is still not working. so I am going to rebuild and rebuild and rebuild until I get it because I am relentless. So without futher ado lets get going. Remember this is all a work in progress so I will clean up and explain more as I go. Hope you enjoy! :)

2/18 - After a ridiculous amount of time learning about iptables and docker networking and banging my head against a wall I have a firewall that works with plexguide docker and ubuntu 16.04 and doesnt allow containers to just be wide open to the interwebs.

Prep
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y && sudo apt autoremove -y

Webmin Install

cd /root && wget http://www.webmin.com/jcameron-key.asc && sudo apt-key add jcameron-key.asc && sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://download.webmin.com/download/repository sarge contrib" && sudo apt update && sudo apt install webmin

Plexguide
sudo apt-get update -y && sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/A...-Plex-Server/Version-5/scripts/curlinstall.sh && sudo bash ./curlinstall.sh

FQDN with hostname e.g. plexguide1.contoso.com
email address test@test.com

Plexdrive
client ID
<Client ID you got from google>
client secret
<Client secret you got from google>
WAIT FOR THIS
[PLEXDRIVE4] [2018-02-05 18:12] INFO : First cache build process finished!
ctrl c

Rclone install
Unencrypted
name - gdrive
option 10
n on auto
blank
blank
no sa
quit

sudo reboot

Firewall Buildout

sudo ufw allow ssh
sudo ufw default deny incoming
sudo ufw default allow outgoing
sudo ufw enable

sed -i -e 's/DEFAULT_FORWARD_POLICY="DROP"/DEFAULT_FORWARD_POLICY="ACCEPT"/' /etc/default/ufw

sudo ufw reload
sudo ufw allow 2375
sudo ufw allow from 1.2.3.4/32 to any port 8080
sudo ufw allow from 1.2.3.4/32 to any port 9000
sudo ufw allow from 1.2.3.4/32 to any port 10000
# sudo ufw allow 8080
# sudo ufw allow 9000

sudo nano /etc/docker/daemon.json

replace with this
{
"storage-driver": "overlay2",
"dns": ["8.8.8.8", "8.8.4.4"],
"iptables": false
}

sudo nano /etc/ufw/before.rules

add this before filter

#NAT for Docker
*nat
:POSTROUTING ACCEPT [0:0]
-A POSTROUTING ! -o docker0 -s 172.17.0.0/16 -j MASQUERADE
COMMIT

sudo reboot now

Last edited:

Similar threads

Read Deiteq's (Cofounder) Review & For a Discount Voucher!

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
@Azlaroc, so i noticed it posted as an article, which was a mistake. Do you want permissions to report stories and info? If an article, it's more of a general main read. This is good info at the top. Just let me know your thoughts! Excellent share

DarkSteel

PG Ambassador
PG Donor
So this is a work in progress. I will update as I go. The idea is to build a complete guide for my plex cloud project using plexguide scripts. I hope my jorney on this project will help others and inspire idea's.

So I have 40 TB of stuff, movies, music, TV, etc, that I need to upload to googledrive then share out with a cloud box. I am currently using a ssdnodes.com box. not sure if i will stick with it so we'll see. im thinking of moving away from torrents in favor of newsgroups so I dont need a big drive to share back out. Also want to build out a full request system so users can auto request new stuff. Currently im building out my cloud box but having issues with docker and ufw which is unique to ubuntu 16.04 but thats the only choice i have on ssdnodes. I about got it working but then changed my daemon.json and everything stopped working... put it back and everything is still not working. so I am going to rebuild and rebuild and rebuild until I get it because I am relentless. So without futher ado lets get going. Remember this is all a work in progress so I will clean up and explain more as I go. Hope you enjoy! :)

VPS Setup
• sudo update
• sudo upgrade
• sudo autoremove
• Fix Docker and enable firewall
○ ufw default deny incoming
○ ufw default allow outgoing
○ ufw allow ssh
○ ufw enable
○ docker daemon file for /etc/docker (WORKS!)
§{
"iptables": false
}

Plexguide Setup
• plexguide
○ sudo apt-get update -y && sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/A...-Plex-Server/Version-5/scripts/curlinstall.sh && sudo bash ./curlinstall.sh
○ FQDN w/hostname
○ email address
○ Rclone install
§ Unencrypted
□ name - gdrive
□ option 10
□ n on auto
□ blank
□ blank
□ no sa
□ quit
○ Plexdrive
§ client ID
□ <client id>
§ client secret
□ <client secret>
§ WAIT FOR THIS
□ [PLEXDRIVE4] [2018-02-05 18:12] INFO : First cache build process finished!
□ ctrl c
Man, sounds like you have something going. hopefully you discover things to make the project better.

Thread starter #5
OP
OP
A

Azlaroc

PG User
PG Donor
@Azlaroc, so i noticed it posted as an article, which was a mistake. Do you want permissions to report stories and info? If an article, it's more of a general main read. This is good info at the top. Just let me know your thoughts! Excellent share
Yea, Stories and info sound good sorry for the miss post.

Thread starter #6
OP
OP
A

Azlaroc

PG User
PG Donor
Man, sounds like you have something going. hopefully you discover things to make the project better.
Thank you! I love giving back what I have learned along the way. I have these Idea's and there is nothing more rewarding than bringing idea's to life and sharing with others who are like minded.

Thread starter #7
OP
OP
A

Azlaroc

PG User
PG Donor
STUCK ON FIREWALL.... If anyone knows anything about Docker and iptables I would love to hear from you. with a VPS with a public address its not exactly idea to have open ports to the entire world. The problem seams to be the way Docker interacts with iptables. docker containers end up bypassing UFW and other configurations of iptables. I have tried every work around I can find out there and nothing seems to be working. Really frustrating been trying to solve this for days now.
Seams to be a way to use DOCKER-USER to create iptables but nothing that I have read so far is working for me. and all the other approaches use iptables=false which also do not work and from what I read isn't idea.

gonna try this tonight - https://opsnotice.xyz/iptables-ferm-docker/[/QUOTE] (I know its another iptables=false guide but im out of idea's and i just want a freaking firewall so I can keep going with my whole plex cloud project. wish me luck)

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
STUCK ON FIREWALL.... If anyone knows anything about Docker and iptables I would love to hear from you. with a VPS with a public address its not exactly idea to have open ports to the entire world. The problem seams to be the way Docker interacts with iptables. docker containers end up bypassing UFW and other configurations of iptables. I have tried every work around I can find out there and nothing seems to be working. Really frustrating been trying to solve this for days now.
Seams to be a way to use DOCKER-USER to create iptables but nothing that I have read so far is working for me. and all the other approaches use iptables=false which also do not work and from what I read isn't idea.

gonna try this tonight - https://opsnotice.xyz/iptables-ferm-docker/
(I know its another iptables=false guide but im out of idea's and i just want a freaking firewall so I can keep going with my whole plex cloud project. wish me luck)[/QUOTE]

Might have to a search, but someone spoke of firewalls at one point. Enhanced security will be the next step after working out kinks from the program. You notice it appears easy but is a pain :D

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Thank you! I love giving back what I have learned along the way. I have these Idea's and there is nothing more rewarding than bringing idea's to life and sharing with others who are like minded.
Awesome! I have large headaches :D Anything u figure out and add to, we are eternally grateful lol!

Assists Greatly with Development Costs