plex database library location | PlexGuide.com

plex database library location

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

stress1ner

Citizen
Original poster
Jan 30, 2019
Hello is there a way to move /opt/appdata/plex/database/Library to a diff location, say /mnt/downloads ect.. as i have this in a small vm and would like that data on my attached shared folder

S

subse7en

Hello is there a way to move /opt/appdata/plex/database/Library to a diff location, say /mnt/downloads ect.. as i have this in a small vm and would like that data on my attached shared folder
Not recommended and no DO NOT EVER put Plex app data or any appdata inside /mnt/unionfs or /mnt/downloads unless you want to instantly corrupt your data and it won't be usable.

Instead move your downloads to a 2nd hdd (setup 2nd processing location in settings)

Appdata should be on a SSD and it's not a good idea to put it on a network share unless you want Plex to crawl like a turtle.

stress1ner

Citizen
Original poster
Jan 30, 2019
Not recommended and no DO NOT EVER put Plex app data or any appdata inside /mnt/unionfs or /mnt/downloads unless you want to instantly corrupt your data and it won't be usable.

Instead move your downloads to a 2nd hdd (setup 2nd processing location in settings)

Appdata should be on a SSD and it's not a good idea to put it on a network share unless you want Plex to crawl like a turtle.
ok so if i add a second HDD and do move the library appdata .will be stored there instead of the 32GB vm disk?
I only want the meta data on another drive like covers and subs.

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending