Plex iOS & Android Mobile Application | PlexGuide.com

Plex iOS & Android Mobile Application

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

dreadmclaren

Citizen
Original poster
Donor
Jan 14, 2019
Curious what others think about the Plex iOS & Android mobile application. Specifically the functionality of them. I've tried the application on both OS and they seem to struggle loading content, and refreshing when searching. Once I can get something to finally load and play, it tends to be fine. I've also tried Emby on both iOS and Android and it seems to function a lot better. More responsive overall. Any others here experience these results too or think differently?

Also, on a different note, I recently tried Infuse on both iOS and tvOS and it's really nice. I think the Plex apps have a better UI, but the functionality is better overall for me.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
It could be the servers also.

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
The apps are generally pretty responsive for me, but I have found that they are definitely slower if you use CDN, and/or if you don't disable ipv6 in Plex and the host.

Reactions: 1 user

macvirii

Citizen
May 26, 2019
The apps are generally pretty responsive for me, but I have found that they are definitely slower if you use CDN, and/or if you don't disable ipv6 in Plex and the host.
Is there any analysis on what makes the apps less responsive? For now I have a problem with a old Samsung tv that doesn't like the reverse proxy with cdn, for it to work I have to enable the remote access on plex, opening 32400 port.... That seems a little excessive, almost sending one cheap androidtv box for the user lol

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Is there any analysis on what makes the apps less responsive? For now I have a problem with a old Samsung tv that doesn't like the reverse proxy with cdn, for it to work I have to enable the remote access on plex, opening 32400 port.... That seems a little excessive, almost sending one cheap androidtv box for the user lol
That's probably due to the fact that the smarttv apps, especially the older ones, don't like cloudflares tls SSL requirements, as they can't support them. You can try reducing the tls level on cloudflare.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending