Plex - new install issue | PlexGuide.com

Plex - new install issue

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

apejam

Active
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
Just done a full clean server installation with the latest PG and quickly stuck plex on to get it up and running after configuring PG clone. Have managed to successfully scan and add movies to plex fine from gdrive /mnt/unionfs location as before but when playing anything I'm getting - Error code: s1001 (Network) in plex. Have I missed something?

apejam

Active
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
Just noticed that while the folders are being scanned fine there is no movie data such as audio info showing. Permissions issue. Only thing I can think of at this moment is that I installed Plexguide initially as root and then added an admin user account and then installed plex as that new user?

S

subse7en

Yeah that would cause it, don't use root user. You'll need to reinstall. You must create a user which defaults to 1000:1000, you can't use root. So if you did that, then just run the v8 installer and redeploy everything

Reactions: 1 user

irlam

Active
Nov 20, 2018
when you say "redeploy everything " you mean just do a fresh install of plexguide, not just plex?

S

subse7en

Yes you should do a reinstall of plexguide because, ideally with a clean slate.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending