Plex - No soup for you! | PlexGuide.com

Plex - No soup for you!

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

SiriX

Citizen
Original poster
Jan 27, 2019
Hi,

So i've occasionally been getting this issue pop up, setup is:

• Server with only Plex on it, and PG to facilitate all the gdrive stuff etc.
  • Traefik deployed & working with CF CDN.

Able to connect most of the time, however after adding in family members as additional users (tried both Managed & External user options)

When accessing the server's Web UI, occasionally you're greeted with a "No soup for you! - you do not have access to this server" message, which is well completely wrong as the server is definitely online (as others are using it) but it seems to just not let you login, you can leave it, and it'll come back at some point, or if you restart the container it'll come back immediately.

I can't really explain why it happens, and was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue with their setup & multiple users?

Cheers!

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
hopefully someone has some info. i personally have not come across this!

Somedude

Experienced
Staff
Oct 28, 2018
Please give detailed information such as your server provider, specs, storage, etc. This may or may not play a factor. I have never seen the issue before, but detailed information on your server, and what you have setup so far (anything besides pgclone and plex?), and any customatizations you have done will help troubleshoot and maybe someone will have seen this error before.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
very true :D

SiriX

Citizen
Original poster
Jan 27, 2019
Hi,

So it's currently a PG 8.4.19 install on a Hetzner CX21.

The reason for the low-spec server is i don't need trans-coding, and as it's not doing any of the downloading/processing of files beyond plex library updates, it's actually fairly low load.

It's just the default CX21 for this specific server, so NVMe storage, no additional drives.

The weird part is, if you go and login, first time it might work, second it might work, and then third time it might fail, it's quiet random, but the odd thing is i've got another friend with the same setup, same versions etc, but with the much higher spec Hetzner, and he's also experienced the same exact issue where everything appears to be working fine, but when you login with the Web UI, it's a little bit like russian roulette, you probably are fine most of the time, but occasionally you get this error, and to make it even more strange, i've noticed that while you're logging in, you can see the server status, but then it'll flick to that error, so it's not even instant.

I also tested logging in again via a private/incognito window, and that seemed to avoid the error, so i think it's got something to do with user switching back and forth.

Somedude

Experienced
Staff
Oct 28, 2018
Are you using two plex accounts within the same browser? Sounds like it could be a authentication caching issue on plex's side. If you use chrome you can setup two users, one for each login. See if you have any luck with that.

SiriX

Citizen
Original poster
Jan 27, 2019
Well it was 1 account but i was switching between "Home Users" if that makes sense?

UncleBuck

Elite
Staff
Dec 21, 2018
Are you using Chrome? I started having this issue all of a sudden. I also have lots of strange issues with cookies in Chrome causing pages to not load correctly. I cleared the cookies for plex.mydomain.com which resolved the issue for me.

pYTTH

Elite
Staff
Nov 1, 2018
Never heard this issue but as others said i'm sometimes also havin issues with chrome, multi logins, cache etc

I use a lot incognito and other browsers to test

kingelk

Active
Jan 24, 2019
Sorry to go slightly off topic. I have no idea how to fix your problem. But was curious as to what you are using as a feeder box set up wise? thanks

user44882

Citizen
Feb 21, 2019
I too suffer from this exactly the same.
Browser: Firefox (single plex login ever)
Version: v8.5base
Budget OVH, low end cpu (4k passmark) serving only plex. Very few users, never more than 1 at a time.
Happy to share logs etc if you guide me.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending