Plex not installing

SemperFratres

Original poster
Donor
Donor
Local time
4:25 AM
Aug 24, 2018
I have made a clean install of my server and Plexguide. All containers installed and restored fine except for Plex.
I have tried both options as far as latest and beta multiple times.
I choose option 1 (Plex Remote System)
I get the link to claim my server and install continues. After a supposed install, I get the link to go to Plex. (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:32400/web)
I go to this link to setup my server, but there is no server.

Within Plex I go to Settings > Authorized Devices and there is no Plex Server listed.

I have never had this issue before and am stuck and confused about what is going on.
Anyone have any insight into this?

Server: Kimsufi - Intel i5-2300 - 16GB DDR3 1333 MHz - 2To SATA

Klavikus

Local time
9:25 AM
Oct 21, 2018
Having the same issue since last night really odd as been working fine for over a year

SemperFratres

Original poster
Donor
Donor
Local time
Aug 24, 2018
I did some more reading of headlines to see if there were any other problems like mine. I found something that was similar, meaning the person was installing Plex as a local server instead of remote. Once they installed as remote, it worked.
I have been installing as remote with no luck. Within that thread, I found a post explaining how to install as local and then access the remote as if it was local. This gave me a server to setup.

Following is the steps I took from the link posted in that thread.
Step 4 opened Plex as if it was xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:32400/web.

1. Open a Terminal window or your command prompt
  2. Enter the following command (substituting the IP address of your server as appropriate):
    ssh ip.address.of.server -L 8888:localhost:32400
  3. Open a browser window
  4. Type http://localhost:8888/web into the address bar
  5. The browser will connect to the server as if it were local and load Plex Web App

Edrock200

Respected Member
Local time
Nov 17, 2019

SemperFratres

Original poster
Donor
Donor
Local time
Aug 24, 2018
I also tried that. Still didn't work. As stated, I could get to the domain and Plex, it just wasn't showing a server for me to access and setup.
After doing what I posted above, I was able to see my server and get it setup. Strangely enough, a day later, I had 4 more servers that needed to be setup. lol
Obviously, I deleted those.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.