Plex secure connection

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Gjeep

Original poster
Local time
6:47 AM
Mar 18, 2019
Hi guys,

I recently moved from hetzner cloud to a hetzner dedicated.
In the process I also changed DNS. Traefik is launched, and ports are closed.

I can access Plex securely through https in a browser. But I cant connect through the android phone app or nvidia shield, and Apple TV also reports that is not possible to connect securely?

I tried rereading all relevant wikis and this forum but cant find any solutions to my problem.
Anyone who can point me in the right direction?

TheNumbLock

Donor
Donor
Local time
10:47 PM
Jan 30, 2020
I have the same issue. I have to go manually add the server via IP on my Smart TV and phone in the settings. It’s annoying.

I think it has to do with a cloud flare setting or something. I need to play Around with it. I adjusted a couple of settings and it loaded very fast via my laptop and desktop. But my phone and TV just couldn’t connect to it. So I had to revert the changes.

Hopefully someone knows a solution. But I’ll play around with some settings to see if I can figure it out.

Gjeep

Original poster
Local time
6:47 AM
Mar 18, 2019
I spent most of the last week trying to fix it without luck. But please let med know if you find a solution.

Edrock200

Local time
12:47 AM
Nov 17, 2019
Are you proxying through cloudflare? If so try unticking proxy on the dns entry. If it works after that, you probably need to turn the tls version down on cloudflare or tweak another SSL setting. Are you going through plex.yourdomain.com or app.plex.tv? If you have it proxied through cloudflare, make sure you set the custom address in Plex network settings to https://plex.yourdomain.com:443

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.