Discussion - plex server installed not showing up ubuntu 16 | PlexGuide.com

Discussion plex server installed not showing up ubuntu 16

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

diddymac

Citizen
Original poster
Jun 10, 2019
i have plex installed and running but its not showing under server list need help i have been trying for to days i can even offer donation for some help

Cthe1

Experienced+
Mar 5, 2019
Under server list?

What happens when you access Plex from the URL?
Are you using PG Shield/Closed ports?

Try following the guide on the Wiki.

Reggaejunkiejew

Citizen
Jul 7, 2020
I may have similar problem. I have been running Plex on Win 10 for long time. I am making dedicated Ubuntu server now. Leaving old box running until I get new one working so I've installed PG.

When I log into Plex, I see my old server but it acts as though the new machine is Plex player and not server. I cannot see new server listed in drop down and i cannot add local media from the new box. Also if I look for it in Tautulli on the new box it says not a Plex server. I know you can run two servers, what have I done wrong? Thanks.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
If you have installed Plex and claimed it, it would be accessible from the left hand menu as a server, alternatively go to IP:32400/web and check what the Plex docker is doing that way.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending