Discussion Plex top/trending playlists

murkr

Respected Member
Original poster
Donor
Local time
6:37 AM
Nov 5, 2018
Sorted - The issue was that the Plex of course sees a different folder than the config file. So I had to use the mapped path in Plex.

The issue is it won't let me edit the list to turn off thumbnails etc, when I try to it hangs for a bit and then says "Your changes could not be saved. "

Last edited:

3days

Local time
7:37 AM
Jan 24, 2018
Sorted - The issue was that the Plex of course sees a different folder than the config file. So I had to use the mapped path in Plex.

The issue is it won't let me edit the list to turn off thumbnails etc, when I try to it hangs for a bit and then says "Your changes could not be saved. "
It did the same for me accualy, so i manualy created the library, without collection and whatever settings you want. And then the script can tell there already is a library with that name and just creates the symlinks and refreshes that library.

Give it a try :)

Reactions: plex_noob

plex_noob

Staff
Donor
Local time
8:37 AM
Oct 1, 2018
Brussels
Just a simple question: Why not using radarr lists feature instead?.
Advantages:
- It is integrated in radarr
- it uses the scheduler within radarr
- I have the feeling you can be far more precise in your selection thanks to the new "Custom Formats", ratings, ...
- It's easier to maintain
- Logging for troubleshooting is included

Disadvantages:
- Does not esxists in Sonarr

I have more than 30 lists configured to download automatically movies based on lists from Trakt, TvDb, IMDb, ...

It works like a charm for me.

3days

Local time
Jan 24, 2018
Advantages:
- I have the feeling you can be far more precise in your selection thanks to the new "Custom Formats", ratings, ...

Disadvantages:

I have more than 30 lists configured to download automatically movies based on lists from Trakt, TvDb, IMDb, ...

That's a totally different thing from having a library in plex auto update the most trending movies right now tough? You would have to download and upload all the files, and it won't remove the files no longer listed in the specified list.

murkr

Respected Member
Original poster
Donor
Local time
Nov 5, 2018
Advantages:

Disadvantages:

Yea I have that also, completely different however. This list shows up as a new library in Plex itself. Check out the screenshot in my first post.

Got mine working in the end, it fixed itself.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

skuid87

Donor
Local time
Sep 26, 2018
Can somebody put together an idiots guide for how to accomplish this? I'd love to get this up and running

timmeh

Local time
Feb 14, 2019
Hi guys - what version of python/pip do you have this running on? Mine's not working
and I think it's PIP/Python related. It says PIP version is 20.0.2 using python 2.7 (2.7.17). Is this what you've got working on your setups? Would help to narrow down the potential issues.

Last edited:

Cthe1

Respected Member
Local time
Mar 5, 2019
Denmark
I'm getting this error, both with Python2.7 and 3 :( Any ideas?
Have installed all the requirements.
Have tried deleting the weighted_sorting stuff from my movies_trending.yml, but same result.

Screenshot 2020-01-30 at 18.10.37.jpg

timmeh

Local time
Feb 14, 2019
It seem to be more requirements than the requirements.txt allows for... I'd ask on their Github and see if anyone there can help, or if there's a similar thread - that's where I tend to find most answers, although on a first glance I can't find anything with your error :( I'm fairly new to playing around with PGTrakt (had it working no probs, now it's broken so I'm getting to know it better!) so if I find out anything about this then I'll let you know...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.