Register Log in

PlexDrive Configuration

After Signup, PM Admin9705 for a 20% Discount Voucher
Thread starter #1

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
[Back To Main Wiki Homepage]

Establishes a read-only file system to prevent API bans with plex. PD5 is now used. There will be a video update!

YouTube Video (Follow Instructions Below)

The Process
  1. Ensure that you obtained your Google API Secret & Password - http://googleapi.plexguide.com
  2. Ensure that you do not let this program close or shutdown until finished
  3. YOU CAN open another terminal window and do other things while this one is running
  4. Let PlexDrive complete the scan. This is how it will look in the end:

1. Then 'Ctrl+C' to return to the menu.
  2. Exit and type "sudo reboot"
  3. On command prompt, you can type to verify your plexdrive is mount and working (have something in your gdrive):
cd /mnt/plexdrive && ls

Troubleshooting
  • You can also restart the service to see if it's a problem; you should also reboot if it's still not working
  • If you messed up the process by not letting it finish or a bad and copy and paste job; please delete the old tokens
    • I added this to the Plexdrive menu to assist you
  • If you see something about: Transparent end ... not working... delete the keys and reboot the computer and setup again!
Final Tips
  • I would let it JUST finish before doing ANYTHING! The screen command allows it to finish in case you close terminal
  • I would do a reboot AFTER to make sure your /mnt/plexdrive4 works! If you didn't finish the scan, you may have issues
[Back To Main Wiki Homepage]

Last edited:
Thread starter #3
OP
OP
Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder

fidodone

PG Veteran
When your talking about STUFFING... what is the issue? I had problems with emby not picking up on my stuff myself if that's what your talking about. It's scanning against plexdrive... part of the reason why I can never switch away from plex.

I'm sorry, I was supposed to post this question on the emby post
When I access my folder through the emby it can not find the contents of the plexdrive4 folder

Thread starter #5
OP
OP
Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
so it looks like within emby, you'll start with /plexdrive4; not /mnt/plexdrive4 I'll attempt to get the rest of the guides written.

Like my tv is this: /unionfs/tv/ or you could do /plexdrive4/tv

Thread starter #6
OP
OP
Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
I'm sorry, I was supposed to post this question on the emby post
When I access my folder through the emby it can not find the contents of the plexdrive4 folder

Should be fixed now with plexdrive 5 installed on version 5.041

Thread starter #8
OP
OP
Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
Is there a way to not scan a certain folder on google drive? I have a bunch of large backups on google drive and it has been scanning for 3 days now and still going :(
I had the same problem before, it's a matter of adding something to plexdrive's loadup. I'll look for it when I can.

Here is his GitHub page. There maybe something or an exclude, but do not see it on his page directly. Mine takes about 3 hours, question? Does it say cache initating? If so, your good.

valiantmg

PG Veteran
Donated
I had the same problem before, it's a matter of adding something to plexdrive's loadup. I'll look for it when I can.

Here is his GitHub page. There maybe something or an exclude, but do not see it on his page directly. Mine takes about 3 hours, question? Does it say cache initating? If so, your good.
So it was still scanning but I stopped it by accident. I rebooted and tired cd /mnt/plexdrive && ls. Thankfully it is showing the contents of my gdrive :)

Can you try re-linking the page. There was no URL - Thanks

Miguel

PG Ambassador
Tech Support
Would it be worth looking at pointing plexdrive & rclone at a folder that isn't the root? Would save long scan times in future and means those of us who store other things in googledrive can keep it seperate from our media.

I've got this set up myself, my rclone & plexdrive folders point at gdrive:/Media instead of directly at the root.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Miguel

PG Ambassador
Tech Support
Really? Even when using the "--root-node-id" command to mount plexdrive directly to a subdirectory it still scans the entire drive?! That seems a little silly on plexdrives behalf

Edit:
Just tried it myself on a second box, can confirm even with "--root-note-id" set which lets plexdrive mount a subfolder instead of the root folder, it still scans through everything in gdrive which seems a little stupid. Not that i didn't believe you, i just like to try things out myself to see how things work.

Last edited:

NotMakey

PG User
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. For reference, Plexdrive used to work fine for me earlier this year on the same VPS. Now I'm on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 and running PlexGuide 5.045, and I'm getting this error when trying to set up Plexdrive:

[PLEXDRIVE] [2018-02-25 10:42] ERROR : max-chunks must be greater than 2 and bigger than the load ahead value

Thread starter #14
OP
OP
Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. For reference, Plexdrive used to work fine for me earlier this year on the same VPS. Now I'm on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 and running PlexGuide 5.045, and I'm getting this error when trying to set up Plexdrive:

[PLEXDRIVE] [2018-02-25 10:42] ERROR : max-chunks must be greater than 2 and bigger than the load ahead value
Hmm I fixed this value. Just give me a few in this. Mine works, but you may have older values from before.

trying to find the location, it tends to be the vps. I installed v5.041 on 3 real servers and even last night on a new server and fine :D... but that's why its good you noted the problem :D

type sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/plexdrive.service and post what you have. Looking at ansible, this is what you should have

Bash:
[Unit]
Description=PlexDrive Service
After=network-online.target

[Service]
Type=simple
$nterval=1m --chunk-check-threads=8 --chunk-load-threads=8 --max-chunks=12 --ch$
ExecStop=/bin/fusermount -uz /mnt/plexdrive
Restart=always
RestartSec=5

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target
if you notice the max-chucks is greater than 2; i use to have that error at first before the max-chunks value was there (added like 4 days ago)

Thread starter #15
OP
OP
Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
Really? Even when using the "--root-node-id" command to mount plexdrive directly to a subdirectory it still scans the entire drive?! That seems a little silly on plexdrives behalf

Edit:
Just tried it myself on a second box, can confirm even with "--root-note-id" set which lets plexdrive mount a subfolder instead of the root folder, it still scans through everything in gdrive which seems a little stupid. Not that i didn't believe you, i just like to try things out myself to see how things work.
it's just the way the program is built :D

Read Deiteq's (Cofounder) Review & For a Discount Voucher!

NotMakey

PG User
Hmm I fixed this value. Just give me a few in this. Mine works, but you may have older values from before.

trying to find the location, it tends to be the vps. I installed v5.041 on 3 real servers and even last night on a new server and fine :D... but that's why its good you noted the problem :D

type sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/plexdrive.service and post what you have. Looking at ansible, this is what you should have

Bash:
[Unit]

[Service]
Type=simple
$nterval=1m --chunk-check-threads=8 --chunk-load-threads=8 --max-chunks=12 --ch$
Restart=always
RestartSec=5

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target
if you notice the max-chucks is greater than 2; i use to have that error at first before the max-chunks value was there (added like 4 days ago)
This is what I get:

Code:
[Unit]

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/plexdrive mount --uid=1000 --gid=1000 -v 3 --refresh-interval=1m --chunk-check-threads=8 --chunk-load-threads=8 --max-chunks=12 --chunk-load-ahead=6 --fus$
Restart=always
RestartSec=5

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

Thread starter #17
OP
OP
Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
Thanks, my numbers cut off from my post. Ya, that looks right. Have you tried a reboot and tried again? I mean it truly worked on my 3 servers (not saying your wrong). Some vps services tend to cause problems all around.

This is what I get:

Code:
[Unit]

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/plexdrive mount --uid=1000 --gid=1000 -v 3 --refresh-interval=1m --chunk-check-threads=8 --chunk-load-threads=8 --max-chunks=12 --chunk-load-ahead=6 --fus$
Restart=always
RestartSec=5

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target
This is what I get:

Code:
[Unit]

[Service]
Type=simple
Restart=always
RestartSec=5

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target
So I'm trying a different config line and will let you know, also the option to install pd4 (testing)

Ok changed up the lines, hope it helps!

This is what I get:

Code:
[Unit]

[Service]
Type=simple
Restart=always
RestartSec=5

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

NotMakey

PG User
Thanks, my numbers cut off from my post. Ya, that looks right. Have you tried a reboot and tried again? I mean it truly worked on my 3 servers (not saying your wrong). Some vps services tend to cause problems all around.

So I'm trying a different config line and will let you know, also the option to install pd4 (testing)

Ok changed up the lines, hope it helps!
Forgot to reply earlier, but all is working fine now. Thanks so much!

Escondido

PG Ambassador
So basically what you're saying is if I had a 1tb+ of data in an separate encrypted folder Plexdrive would still try to scan that? How often does is it set to scan the folders now with the basis pledguide setup?

I've got about 1TB of private data I want to transfer over from my old Gdrive account, but I'm concerned about the programs have accessing to that information.

My thought at this juncture it to create a separate encrypted mount from my home computer for that folder(s), so the programs will not be able to see the information, but perhaps there is another way of doing things.

gotto

PG User
hello,

anyime I try to install Plexdrive via Pleguide, I get this error after pasting the code from the API

Code:
2018/03/04 20:01:32 mount helper error: fusermount: failed to access mountpoint /usr/bin/mount: Transport endpoint is not connected
[PLEXDRIVE] [2018-03-04 20:01] DEBUG  : fusermount: exit status 1

Read Deiteq's (Cofounder) Review & For a Discount Voucher!
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.